Job ID: 206021
Location: HOUSTON, TX, United States
Date Posted: May 7, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Aerospace Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is hiring for a Principal Safety Engineer to support work taking place in Houston, TX for NASA.
On the SMAEC II contract this individual will:
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering (e.g., Mechanical, Aerospace) or STEM (e.g., Math, Physics)
• 15+ years of experience supporting the design and development of NASA hardware projects
• Superb written and oral communications skills for frequent correspondence with project stakeholders and multiple layers of SAIC and NASA management
• Excellent people skills required along with demonstrated excellent professional behavior interfacing with customers and department management.
• Understanding of JSC processes and requirements for the design, engineering, production and test activities of Government Furnished Equipment (GFE) for utilization supporting human space flight for BOE development as well as the near real time operational support needs.
• Familiarity with the NASA JSC GFE flight hardware life cycle and certification process
• Detailed understanding of the purpose and operation of the various NASA review and approval boards and panels governing the acceptance of GFE hardware and software for human spaceflight application.
• Must be willing to travel (< 5%), including possible international travel. If requested for international travel, then must be able to obtain a personal passport as required.
• Must be a U.S. citizen
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability