Join SAIC’s federal financial team as we help our government customer modernize its IT Enterprise Data Strategy, Models and Architecture. The team will support the program make continued progress to address the financial material weaknesses for individual taxpayer account processing. The benefits of this exciting program will be to provide the public with an enhanced customer experience and increase efficiency in the years to come.
SAIC has a contingent Scrum Master / Business SME opportunity in Landham MD. This role provides assistance in implementing Scrum development methodology and in producing documentation of Scrum team activities.
Responsibilities will include:
- Participates in all software development phases (requirements, analysis, design, develop, test) to support the software implementation of IRS solutions including Customer Account Data Engine 2 (CADE 2), Enterprise Informatica Platform (EIP) and Big Data Analytics (BDA) business systems.
- Document the teams’ sprint planning efforts by producing sprint burn-down and backlog reports. Identify and track teams’ action items and action items for escalation. Track and report teams’ burn-down metrics.
- Adhering to the agreed upon software development methodology, will collaborate to improve a IRS’s business process through the use of data integration and process improvement by leveraging the product's standard software configuration and developing custom enhancements when necessary. Facilitate daily team meetings.
- Provide guidance, functional and technical experience and incorporate knowledge of a client's processes, to deliver scalable design specifications that will satisfy a client's business requirement.
- With the use of proven development standards and enterprise approved engineering methodologies, develops the documented design and will test the solution to ensure software changes do not negatively impact the existing software environment.
This position is contingent upon contract award.
Bachelors degree from an accredited institution and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience.
- Ten (10) years of experience in software engineering and Software Development Life Cycle with increasing responsibilities.
- Experience in IT technical planning, high level and detailed requirements definition, test planning and execution, software systems integration, and technical support for software systems and subsystems.
- Experience using Agile and Scrum frameworks
- Previous IT work experience with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
- Familiar with IRS Enterprise Lifecycle (ELC)
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have lawful permanent resident status
- Successful background investigation to fulfill U.S. Government Public Trust Position or higher security clearance
Experience using a Requirements Traceability Verification Matrix (RTVM)
Certification and/or experience as a Scrum Coach; e.g. Scrum Alliance Certified Enterprise Coach (CEC)
Certification and/or experience as an Agile Coach; e.g. Certified Agile Coach (CAC)
Familiar with modernizing mainframe applications
Previous experience with the IRS Individual Master File (IMF) and other core systems.
Program or project experience with database technologies
Technical background that include RedHat Linux; Big Data Analytics; IBM Mainframe Systems, JAVA, or Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability