SAIC is currently seeking a motivated, career and customer service oriented DevOps Engineer to join our team in Sterling VA.
The candidate will develop and maintain automated systems used for development, testing, and deployment of various software components within an SDLC while adhering to current DevOps principals and methodologies, and providing support for a fast-paced software development team.
The ideal candidate will have designed, developed and implemented solutions that support business functionality as well as the underlying infrastructure required to run and deploy those solutions.
The candidate must possess the technical skills and experience
s with Amazon Web Services and continuous delivery systems.
The candidate must have demonstrable experience in both Windows and Linux environments, as well as a working knowledge of Docker and container best practices.
The DevOps Engineer must have excellent written and oral communication skills, and be adaptable to the changing needs of the department and the organization.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree and 5 years of relevant experience or equivalent
- Linux development and administration experience, Ubuntu/Debian preferred, Amazon Linux, RHEL, and CentOS is a plus
- Windows development and maintenance experience, .NET Core preferred
- Experience developing, deploying, and orchestrating Docker applications
- Demonstrated experience integrating CI/CD pipelines, Jenkins and Gitlab preferred
- Strong experience with SQL and PostgreSQL, NoSQL experience is a plus (Redis)
- Demonstrated experience automating deployments and operations using Ansible, Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
- Ability and interest in using a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services, AWS preferred
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in a highly-available environment
- Familiarity with cloud-based monitoring solutions like Splunk, ELK, NewRelic, and Solarwinds
- Experience with source control systems and integration: Gitlab, SVN, and Atlassian products
- Experience with automated testing and security tools, such as: Selenium, Nightwatch.js, JMeter, SonarQube
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability