Job ID: 205831
Location: HUNTSVILLE, AL, United States
Date Posted: Apr 9, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Electrical Engr
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Interim Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC has an opening for a Senior Electrical Engineer as part of a team providing hardware and software development solutions to the US Army Combat Capabilities Development Command Aviation & Missile Center at Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, AL.
Use your analytical engineering skills to identify and manage electrical/electronic requirements and translate those requirements into system architecture, hardware and firmware designs for special purpose military weapon systems at the Line Replaceable Unit (LRU) level.
- Perform power budget analysis for fixed and mounted computing environment systems
- Perform circuit design, analysis, simulation and component selection for high availability, high reliability and low Size, Weight and Power (SWAP) environments
- Direct design verification testing (DVT) of new electronic designs
- Generate and review documentation for a Technical Data Package (TDP) associated with the design, development, unit test, and integration of hardware/firmware components
- Assess technical and integration risks and identify mitigations
- Review test plans and procedures
- Review and adjudicate Deficiency Reports
- Review relevant milestone contract deliverables and provide recommendations across the life cycle of a development effort
- Participate in internal peer reviews and formal customer design reviews
- Mentor junior engineers
BS in Electrical / Computer Engineering and 9+ years of experience [4 years experience accepted in lieu of degree].
Knowledge and practical experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Embedded microcontroller hardware/firmware design and development
- FPGA firmware design, development, verification
- High speed digital design (e.g. LVDS, GigE, DDR3/DDR4)
- Analog design for data acquisition systems
- Switch mode power supply design
- Motor control
- EMC (MIL-STD-461)
- High Altitude Electromagnetic Pulse (HEMP) survivability
Proficient using MS Office suite, MS Visio, schematic capture program such as Altium Designer, circuit simulation program such as PSpice.
Excellent communication skills and mechanical aptitude.
Must already have a DoD SECRET clearance or be able to obtain interim DoD SECRET clearance prior to first day of employment.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability