Job ID: 205767
Location: WASHINGTON, DC, United States
Date Posted: Aug 13, 2020
Category: Program Management
Subcategory: Program Mgmt
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Public Trust
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and client oriented Program Manager to join our team in Washington, DC to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC.
The DOT Program Manager will be located in Washington, DC and responsible for the overall success of the Program. The Program Manager is responsible for three key areas: Account Delivery, to include successful delivery of all active work in a financially responsible manner per our financial plan; Business Development, to include identifying, positioning, pursuing new opportunities and growing the DOT business per our business plan; and Client Relationship Management, to include successfully building and managing key client relationships at the senior leader and executive levels in the Department and Modals, ultimately resulting in being recognized as a trusted business advisor by key client decision makers.
The DOT Program Manager will manage the delivery and implementation of a broad range of enterprise shared services through the full engagement lifecycle. Direct the concurrent activities of multiple engagement teams. Manage a team of people, including their training, development, performance and career path. Advocate and model a strong focus on performance management, development, career growth, engagement, and diversity within the program. Function as an expert in the consolidation of IT service delivery and the maturation of Enterprise IT Shared Service delivery across DOT. Forecast, plan, implement and review financial and people resources in order to meet defined business requirements in line with company strategic plans, targets and objectives. Communicate in an open, candid, clear, complete and consistent manner. Listen well and give full attention when others are speaking. Demonstrate maturity, self-confidence and self-control in formal and informal interactions.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
• Experience with enterprise infrastructure operations, including Tier 0/Tier 1/Tier2/Tier3 operations across Cloud, data center, network, security, and desktop environments
• Experience modernizing and automating large and diverse enterprise infrastructure environments, including experience utilizing DevSecOps and agile concepts and methods to improve performance
• Experience in building and growing a profitable business
• Excellent financial management skills, including experience with large IT programs
• Ability to coordinate appropriate support from internal support organizations, including procurement, contracts, finance, legal, sales, and account leadership
• Experience developing winning proposals and associated services and solutions in the Federal Government marketplace
• Ability to manage and provide oversight for proposal development and delivery, including solution compliance, deadline submission assurance, and quality and risk management
• Strong interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to gain the confidence, respect and trust of your team as well as of senior executives in Government
• Ability to work effectively with partners and peers
• Passion for building a winning organization
• High degree of intelligence with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong reputation for fairness, dependability and adherence to high ethical standards
• Track record for building outstanding teams
• Relevant certifications in Project Management Professional (PMP), IT Service Management, DevOps, and/or Technology Business Management
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Working knowledge of Agile application development environments as well as multi-modal environments (Agile and Waterfall)
• Direct experience with Department of Transportation
• Active in Government/Industry partnership organizations, such as AFCEA, AFFIRM, ACT/IAC or TechAmerica
QualificationsBachelors and eighteen (18) years or more of related experience; Masters and sixteen (16) years or more of related experience.
• Fifteen years’ experience in the IT industry with at least five years’ experience in managing project/program delivery within the Federal Government. This includes significant experience with large enterprise modernization and maintenance programs including: experience starting and leading client engagements; program and business operations; resourcing; scheduling; training; vendor and service provider management; and information sharing.
• Experience managing large and diverse teams
• Bachelors of Science degree or higher in a related discipline
• PMP Certification
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability