Join SAIC’s OneSETA Team to provide our government customer with Systems Engineering & Technical Assistance (SETA) support. SETA services range from providing administrative assistance to providing expert technical assistance on national efforts that will contribute to maintaining and expanding the capabilities of homeland security.
In its continuing quest to make America secure, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is committed to advancing science, creating cutting-edge technology, and leveraging scientific and non-scientific talents in order to strengthen the domestic defensive posture against terrorism. As a result, the DHS Science and Technology Directorate (S&T) is dedicated to creating, promoting, encouraging and advancing a full range of research and development (R&D) efforts to drive innovation and efficient technological solutions to help guard the homeland and guide the nation to a better protected and resilient future. This position will support the DHS S&T Director's Office of Enterprise Services (OES) Program Support Office (PSO) to obtain program management, administrative and technical support services. The scope of this requirement is to provide the DHS S&T OES PSO with professional scientific, technical and programmatic assistance and relevant administrative assistance services to support efforts in research, development, test and evaluation (RDT&E).
S&T’s core mission areas mirror the Department customer requirements in the following program/projects areas:
• Counter Terrorism and Homeland Security Threats
• Secure U.S. Borders and Approaches
• Secure Cyberspace and Critical Infrastructure
• Preserve and Uphold the Nation’s Prosperity and Economic Security
• Strengthen Preparedness and Resiliency
• Champion the DHS Workforce and strengthen the Department
The Senior Analyst will also serve as the SAIC Task Order Manager (TOM) who will oversee the daily initiatives and activities at the task order level. The TOM serves as the single point of contact for all contractor employees and shall be the liaison between the task order contractor staff and the task order Contracting Officer Representative (COR). The TOM is responsible for ensuring the deliverables are met, progress is achieved in a timely manner, resolving all task order performance issues and readily engaging the task order COR whenever necessary, and overall managing contractor personnel and their time. The TOM also ensures there is no disruption in the quality of services to the government at any time, ensure record keeping, provide for successful transitions, and track and aid the IDIQ Program Manager in filling vacant positions in a timely manner at the task order level. The TOM is responsible for ensuring all of the overall task order requirements are met in accordance with the task order statement of work or performance work statement. The TOM also conducts Quality Control efforts and is responsible for the quality of the work performed and will ensure that the deliverables meet the quality established in the Quality Control Plan. The TOM will ensure that the work maintains the quality, timeliness, responsiveness and customer satisfaction.
Operations & Governance Support
The Senior Analyst/TOM will support and advise the PSO Division Director in developing and executing the strategic and tactical vision for the PSO, which includes the following:
• Providing expert advice in the development of the PSO brand and providing value across the S&T organizational matrix through the core tenets of governance, guidance, tools, and training;
• Recommending and employing agile, innovative and cutting-edge techniques and methodologies, such as modular approaches, wardley mapping, and design thinking;
• Assisting in the distribution and communication of results and, assist in developing corrective action or continuous improvement plans for ongoing change initiatives;
• Interfacing with key stakeholders; establishing and maintaining communications, scheduling
meetings, and managing correspondence;
• Updating and maintaining the PSO intranet site (referred to as S&T Connect Site), which includes the document repository (referred to as the process asset library) containing PM tools and templates, and the PM resource center where PM can access useful information related to program/project management.
• Assisting and participating in the development and maintenance of strategic and process documentation (e.g. Project Manager Guide, Portfolio/Program Review Plan(s), associated directives, policies, procedures, and instructions) and their implementation. This includes participating in the creation of training materials and associated communication strategies and products to ensure that the S&T staff understands and has the templates/tools to execute business processes and procedures, in accordance with program and project management best practices, relevant internal and external directives, and the Program Management Improvement Accountability Act (PMIAA).
Operations & Governance Support
The Senior Analyst/TOM will provide support to address the full scope of management activities for programs/projects on behalf of the PSO. This support shall align with the DHS/S&T Operational Model Blueprint and associated business processes. The individual provides one-on-one support to the PMs in the development of program/project documentation; facilitation of key project team working sessions such as risk reviews, and kickoff meetings.
The individual supports the establishment and execution of the Program/Project Review Board, Change Control Board and other Governance boards. This includes the following: planning, preparation and distribution of advance meeting materials, minute taking, facilitating the meetings (including logistics), planning, coordinating, and communicating the agenda, tracking action items, posting of information on the PSO Portal, and monitoring and disseminating information.
• BA/BS + 10 years of relevant experience or Master’s + 5 years of relevant experience.
• Must have at minimum, an active Secret clearance and ability to obtain DHS Suitability
• Must be a US Citizen.
• Experience in a Systems Engineering Technical Assistance (SETA) environment.
• Travel may be required.
• Prior DHS contractor fitness (suitability) authorization determination.
• Prior DHS experience including any DHS components or HQ Directorates, especially DHS S&T.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability