This position is 100% Remote
SAIC is currently looking to hire a Project Manager/ Scrum Master to our team VIA telework.
- Responsible for enabling and building high performing teams primarily supporting the IT business and technology capability teams.
- In this role, you will mentor teams and continuously facilitate a team dynamic to optimize the value stream and performance by constantly improving habits, culture and best practices with the team and organization.
- Helps identify and develop innovative and differentiating solutions that lead to improved margins and win probability with Federal clients.
- Lead remote teams using Agile/Scrum industry best practices and values
- Lead development/configuration, deployment and enhancements using the Scrum Methodology utilizing an Agile toolset.
- Lead Scrum ceremonies (daily stand ups, backlog refinement, sprint planning, retro, sprint review) for one or multiple teams
- Assist Product teams in sizing User Stories for each ceremony
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Help achieve understanding on functional and non-functional requirements related to technical delivery of the project.
- Develop and document best practice approaches and reusable assets.
- Document and follow established processes Agile/Project development work.
- Ensure smooth and top-quality delivery of projects in collaboration with Development Lead and the project team.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree and 8 years’ experience supporting large digital transformation efforts or service management systems or IT integration efforts such as NaaS, PaaS or ITaaS efforts; An additional 4 years of experience in lieu of a degree.
US Citizenship Required
Active Secret Security Clearance required
- Experience in acting as the Scrum Master for at least one year for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Good skills and knowledge facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown technologies, various Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.).
- AP PMI- Agile Certified Professional
- PMI- Project Management Professional
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certification
- ServiceNow System Administrator Certification
- ServiceNow Implementation Specialist Certification preferred
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability