Job ID: 205409
Location: O'FALLON, IL, United States
Date Posted: May 7, 2020
Subcategory: SW Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Interim Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC has an opening for a Software Chief Engineer to
lead the sustainment of the legacy software engineering team and directly
support the SOA transformation development of the new software system
development, improvement, and expansion. This is a key role for this customer
and a leadership position within SAIC with career growth opportunities.
Candidate will be responsible to orchestration of both legacy and
transformation technical and process architecture to ensure a common,
standardized view of operations. This includes providing architectural support
for transformation and insertion of the middleware technology
SAIC has a requirement for an individual capable of providing technical leadership for:
- Daily interactions with Government and team in support of ongoing sustainment and transformation activities for their flagship system
- Understanding and providing oversight of the software development lifecycle using agile processes, tools and techniques
- Leading the transformation of the legacy system using an open- source middleware tool to handle business interactions and processes
- An ability to lead development of a common user experience (SnapUI) built on a custom platform requiring expertise in AngularJS, Foundation, and Sass
- Migration of the capital system to the AWS cloud while ensuring outstanding customer support and availability to users
- Ensure timely and accurate system documentation using VersionOne and Serena Business Manager
- Complete translation of agile processes to DevOps to support full cloud migration.
- Bachelor’s degree and fourteen (14) years or more software development experience. Professional experience should demonstrate progressively responsible experience in software development, software engineering, agile development and/or DevOps.
- Must also have recent experience leading software development teams with five or more members.
- Secret; U.S. citizenship required
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability