SAIC is seeking a senior engineer with Performance Based Navigation (PBN) / Time-Based Flow Management (TBFM) experience to support the Metroplex Program Office (AJV-143) with engineering support for the integration of PBN within Metroplex areas.
The successful candidate will work with researchers and program staff, providing engineering expertise including the within the following activities:
· NAS automation system support to assist in adapting sequencing and spacing tools to Metroplex procedures.
· Development of software applications for NAS automation systems, including adaptation; modeling/simulation and algorithms; system and software integration, testing, and documentation, and change tracking applications.
· Support of all phases of software and system testing of adapted systems, including tests performed at development contractor facilities, WJHJTC, and field sites
· Development and validation of ATCS operational procedures for newly-developed adaptations.
· Providing implementation, transition support to include development/coding of training scenarios to assist the workforce on Metroplex procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline as required, as well as 5+ years'related experience. Additional experience can be considered in lieu of degree.
- Demonstrated expertise in TMA and the TBFM derivative.
- Experience in the development of software applications for NAS automation systems, including adaptation; modeling/simulation and algorithms; system and software integration, testing, and documentation, and change tracking applications.
- Extensive knowledge of air traffic operations, and procedures in both Terminal Radar Approach Control (TRACON) and Air Route Traffic Control Centers (ARTCC).
- Detailed expertise and understanding of the Traffic Management Advisor (TMA)/Time-Based Flow Management (TBFM) capabilities and use.
- Familiarity with new terminal sequencing and spacing tools being developed by NASA for planning and executing efficient arrival operations in the terminal environment of a high-density airport.
- Familiarity with current and planned automated controller support systems for the terminal environment, including STARS/ARTS and en route interface systems (e.g., Host/DSR/ERAM).
- Ability to communicate with various organizations within the FAA
- Experience preparing technical documentation for executive consumption (JRC documentation, status reporting for high visibility programs);
- Experience developing Concept of Operations and final Program Requirements.
- Experience coordinating work performed at an operational FAA facility that involves FAA management, members from the PMO staff, and vendors.
- US Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability