The Defense Systems Group of SAIC is seeking a Computer Network Defense / Incident Response Analyst with an active TS/SCI Polygraph to work onsite with our customer at Scott AFB.
The CND Analyst shall identify, collect, and analyze network and host data, and report events or incidents that occur or might occur within a network to mitigate immediate and potential network and host threats.
The individual shall perform computer network defense (CND) incident triage, to include:
- Determining urgency, and potential impact;
- Identifying the specific vulnerability; and making recommendations that enable expeditious remediation
- Perform initial, forensically sound collection of images and inspect to determine mitigation/remediation on enterprise systems;
- Perform real-time computer network defense (CND) incident handling (e. g., forensic collection, intrusion correlation/tracking, threat analysis, and direct system remediation) task to support Incident Response Teams, receive and analyze network alerts from various sources within the enterprise and determine possible causes of such alerts, and track and document computer network defense (CND) incidents from initial detection through final resolution
- Employ defense-in-depth principles and practices, collect intrusion artifacts (e.g., source code, malware, and Trojans) and use discovered data to enable mitigation of potential computer network defense (CND) incidents within the enterprise.
- Assist with analysis of actions taken by malicious actors to determine initial infection vectors, establish a timeline of activity and any data loss associated with incidents.
- Provide expert technical support to enterprise-wide CND technicians to document CND incidents, correlate incident data to identify specific vulnerabilities and to make recommendations enabling remediation.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of ten (10) years of recent work experience in Computer Network Defense and Incident Response with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Cyber Security/Computer Information or Information Systems. Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- IAT Level III certification (CISSP, GCED, CASP CE, CCNP Security,
using various incident response tools (e.g., Acunetix, Adobe, Cobalt
Strike, FireEye, Fluke Networks Air Magnet, F-Response, Encase Guidance
Software, IDA Pro, McAfee Advance Threat Defense, Network Miner Pro, Palo
Alto, Burp Suite Professional, Metasploit Rapid 7, Red Seal, Splunk,
VMWare, Domain Tools, Virus Tools, Microsoft Products, Operating Systems
(e.g., Windows OS 2008 and 2012; Linux)
with programming tools such as Python, PowerShell and also able to develop
Scripts with Scripting languages/tools.
monitoring external data sources (e.g., computer network defense vendor
sites, Computer Emergence Response Teams, SANS, Security Focus), update
the CND threat condition, and determine which security issues may have an
impact on the enterprise.
analyzing log files, firewalls, firewall logs, and intrusion detection
systems and IDS Logs to identify possible threats to network security, and
to perform command and control functions in response to incidents.
- Experience on a Cyber Protection Team, DoD/US CERT or other USG Red Team.
- Experience with Big Data Platform, AI, and or Machine Learning.
- Candidate must currently possess and be able to maintain TS/SCI with Polygraph
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability