SAIC is seeking a RF/SATCOM System Engineer (SE) to provide support to our customer’s user outreach team. This includes cross organization coordination and collaboration, technology characterization and deconfliction, and long-term strategic development for our customer organization to meet present and future mission needs. It involves the coordination of design, development, analysis and deployment of innovative equipment, projects, cutting-edge technologies or operations for the use of complex special user of complex special communications (SC) capabilities or solutions.
Job Duties Include:
• Work with a network of individuals from multiple organizations to access the requirements of internal/external stakeholders and understand the enabling technology and available industry capabilities to develop and evaluation solutions to meet these needs and to resolve current or future gaps in capabilities.
• Work across the customer’s organization and with external organizations to investigate strategic partnerships which can benefit both the customer and the IC. These partnerships include strategic investment in new technologies; coordination with partners to de-conflict activities and reduce duplication of effort; and participating in technical forums in engineering areas of expertise to provide advice on how technologies and hardware could be used in innovative ways.
• Perform studies and deliver reports to describe end-to-end system architectures and identify areas of vulnerability to cyber-attack and/or collection of signals from the RF environment.
• Conduct independent investigations of system designs, attend program meetings and provide briefings, meting reports, lessons learned and after action reports, identify and evaluate any potential weakness, and develop action plans to resolve current or future gaps in capabilities.
• Support strategic leadership activities: Identifying, analyzing, defining, and coordinating user, customer, and stakeholder needs and translating them into technical or operational requirements for research, development, production, and/or procurement of processes, systems, and/or services.
• Coordination of design, development, analysis and deployment of innovative equipment, projects, cutting-edge technologies or operations for the use of complex special user of complex special communications capabilities or solutions.
• Perform frequency spectrum management support to monitor and conduct analysis of Federal Communications Commission (FCC), International Telecommunication Union (ITU), and National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) activity regarding frequency assignments, allocation, auction, and commercial co-use.
• Conduct technical assessments of RF propagation, RF communications, spectrum management, link budgeting and RF design.
• Frequency Management support, work with users and the broad frequency management community (e.g. FMWG), to help ensure continued access to the RF spectrum.
• Analyze and study complex operational and engineering requirements and decompose them into detailed actionable system requirements, perform technical trade-off studies, and assist in developing and maintaining enterprise and system level architecture artifacts.
• Generate and provide commentary and analysis of presentations, ICD’s, SOPs, CONOPS, and contract documentation for applicability to new opportunities.
• Respond to adhoc requirements and questions, providing support to the mission.
• Learn the enabling SC technology and support tools to educate and assist users.
• Coordinate a quarterly stakeholder working group to exchange ideas from field experts.
• Provide connections/act as a liaison between different sets of user groups and stakeholders.
• Security Clearance Required: TS/SCI w/Poly.
• CONUS and OCONUS travel may be required ~10 % of time.
• 5+ years of experience utilizing system engineering or project management principles.
• 3+ years of experience in satellite communication systems, radio design and/or RF propagation.
• Ability to foster collaborative relationships, encourage teamwork, and promote cooperation, demonstrated ability to think critically and strategically.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to communicate technical issues clearly and effectively.
• Ability to execute assignments with little supervision and actively participate in a collaborative team environment.
• Experience with Windows, Firefox, Chrome, and Microsoft Office products to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and ten (10) years’ experience
• Experience with operational support centers
• Program/project management experience
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability