SAIC is seeking qualified Systems Administrators. Positions are located throughout the Northern Virginia Area.The Systems Administrator will be responsible for servers and the operating systems software and its successful integration with the hardware and applications software of the major computing systems.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Windows System Administrator - responsible for maintaining, scheduling, executing software and hardware upgrades, patches, and reconfigurations, identifying and troubleshooting hardware and software issues with workstations and servers, and continuous system monitoring.
- Responsible for installing and administrating Unix/Linux operating configurations for servers and desktops and also serve as technical referent on engineering review boards considering all additions to or changes to the operating environment
- Install and maintain the UNIX or LINUX operating configurations on all organization servers and desktops
- Troubleshoot problems that may involve applications and the network
- Provide technical support to applications and utility developers on requirements for integration into the operating environment
- Provide guidance and technical assistance as needed
- Maintain and update documentation on the operating systems' configuration
- Participate in various design reviews
- Experience creating, updating, and executing basic scripting with batch, PowerShell, BASH, Python.
- Experience with cloud service providers and administration (i.e. Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud).
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph is required
- Experience performing technical Systems Administration & associated duties for; UNIX, or LINUX or Windows based systems
- Strong experience resolving complex system and network problems
- Experience with Linux, PKI certificates tools and libraries, and DevOps.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.