SAIC is looking for a PowerShell Developer to join our Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC) team in Washington, DC. The PowerShell Developer's primary responsibilities include providing the design and delivery of technical solutions and custom PowerShell script development in support of infrastructure automation, monitoring, reporting and configuration. This individual needs to have a solution-driven mindset to best work through the deliverables around the needs of the organization.
· Responsible for design, development, automation, management, monitoring, and enhancements of PowerShell scripts for infrastructure and data management applications/tools.
· Create custom scripts and customized monitors, alerts, and workflows
· Work as a member of a cross-functional group of engineers to deliver data management applications. A few examples of data management applications: Metadata catalogs, configuration services, deployment tools, Identity & access management etc.
· Contribute to resource estimation, technical design, implementation, documentation, testing, and deployment of custom application solutions and system integrations.
· Translate high level architectures into application storyboards and use cases into
· functional applications.
Understand the basics of SQL Server concepts, related technologies (Windows, Failover clustering, high availability, etc.) and will apply knowledge in service design.
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelors and 9 (nine) years or more experience; Masters and 7 (seven) years related experience
· 3+ years of IT experience in at least one of these areas: Windows Server administration, Endpoint/desktop management, DevOps in a Windows environment
· Expert-level experience with scripting with PowerShell of at least 3 years, including but not limited to developing: GUI products, support tools, automating custom solutions, login scripts, user-facing self-help utilities, etc.
· Excellent knowledge of Windows internals such as GPO, WMI, Windows registry, Windows APIs, Event log, WSUS
· Strong knowledge of TCP/IP network transport and related protocols (CIFS, DFS, Kerberos, LDAP, RPC, DNS, etc.)
· Good knowledge of SCCM and Active Directory; knowledge of other endpoint management tools is a plus
· Aware of security and performance considerations when automating tasks
· Excellent communication and teamwork skills
Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability