We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented z/OS DASD Technical Support Analyst to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC. Day to day activities will include but not be limited to:
• Use SMP/E, to install and maintain software for execution in the IBM Mainframe platform, which includes the z/OS.
• Write, alter, update, debug, and use IBM JCL to support storage management and storage management related activities.
• Work independently, and conduct, document and present (written, orally) research.
• Monitor, maintain and recover DASD storage systems and placement of data sets to improve processing efficiency of data systems.
• Provide production support of complex programs, analyze and recommend changes to control procedures and processes.
• Provide technical consulting services to mission partners, government personnel, and other contractors on questions and issues relating to the DASD, tape, and performance management software maintained on the DISA Mainframe systems, including all changes and upgrades.
• Research, evaluate, and document impacts and risks to changes requested before change implementations are performed.
• Locate, read, and interpret job and system task output to troubleshoot and resolve problems as well as capture dumps, terse the dump dataset, and transfer to vendor for analysis in problem solving.
• Perform IPLs when required/requested.
• Use IBM z/OS and TSO/ISPF to access the IBM z/OS mainframe system.
• Create, define, document and implement rules in Data Facility System Managed Storage (DFSMS) suite of products and z/OS DASD Management tools.
• Assist, support and provide recommendations in new system design and development.
• Provide technical support in interactive applications, productivity tools, and run-time improvement enhancements.
• Document, implement and debug application and system software storage and backup requirements.
• Provide technical support in z/OS Mainframe system environment with expertise in DFSMS, DFHSM and other DASD Management tools. Assist with the implementation of DFSMS onto the existing environment.
• Plan, create, define and document storage requirements for data center and application consolidations, distributed processing and client/server computing projects and data center automated operations projects.
• Provide technical support and expertise in data center DASD management software, hardware and tools.
• Assist with the development, documentation and implementation of system interfaces and exits, responding to problems that arise during program testing and in production modes.
• Assist with the performance of trend analysis on systems performance, recommend configuration changes to the government or government designated personnel and participate in planning activities to schedule system upgrades.
Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math and five years experience or equivalent. Two years' experience in an IBM z/OS Operating Environment providing installation, maintenance and support of the DSAD's and their related software. Experience and expertise in IBM z/OS storage platforms and management.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability