We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Software Engineer to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC.
In this role you will:
• Lead the design, development and application of advanced software engineering methods and techniques to the design, analysis, definition, development, evaluation, qualification and/or support of complex products, tools, or technologies in one or more specialized fields.
• Act as a source of current and relevant technological, professional and/or market knowledge in areas of specialization.
• Design, Develop and test Java JEE-based applications focusing on REST (Jersey) & SOAP WebServices.
• Bachelors degree and at least 8 years relevant experience or equivalent required.
• Knowledge/Experience with Agile and Test Driven development methodologies.
• Experienced performing in HP/UX, Linux and AIX as well as Windows based environments.
• Strong Knowledge/Experience of development in a Continuous Integration Change Management (CICM) automated deployment and operations approach. Supporting in Jenkins, Maven, Ansible, and Puppet or Chef environments is desired
• Experience with all aspects of deploying services including areas such as interactive documentation such as Swagger and Governance platforms such as AWS API Gateway or Layer 7 Gateways.
• Experience with full lifecycle of requirements, prototyping developing, testing, demonstrating solution (good communication skills).
• Agile Experience as well as other Rapid development approaches (Extreme Programming, Test Driven Development, Scrum) & Sprints.
• Experience with web-based applications hosted in JEE environment, ideally JBoss or Tomcat application servers on On Premise Cloud or Gov Cloud.
• Service-oriented Skills - SOA, REST, JSON,Jackson 2.0, JAX-RS, RESTEasy/Jersey, SOAP, XML, JEE, Java, API, Java Scripts, JQuery, HTML5, Governance, Swagger or similar documentation, and code, knowledge of Pneumatics, transformations (e.g. file formats, XML).
• Experience or Knowledge of Notification Services such as AWS-SNS, Ability to develop services in isolation using Unit Testing and Integration test tools.
• Experience especially Source control specifically Subversion, CICD and automated testing (SOAPUI, JMeter, Grinder), mocking data, and orchestration (Jenkins).
• Knowledge of Security Models (supporting integration with RBAC, SSO, LDAP) highly desired. Knowledge of content management and database, Alfresco, Solr, Oracle/MySQL. Knowledge of basic Agile terminology and practices such as User Stories, Backlog, Scrum, and Acceptance Criteria.
• Experience with an Agile Tool, specifically Rally (CA Agile Central) a major plus. Desired Requirements:
• Experience with numerical weather predictions systems like GFS, WRF, MM5, or the UK Met Office Model
• Experience/understanding of Air Force weather forecasting operations
• Experience with the Air Force CDFS-II cloud analysis and forecasting system
• Experience developing/testing software for weather forecasting operations
• Familiarity with meteorological data formats like METAR, GriB, GriB2, and NetCDF
Must be a US Citizen
Preferred Requirements- Secret Clearance
Must be able to obtain Secret Clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability