Job ID: 204942
Location: WASHINGTON, DC, United States
Date Posted: Apr 27, 2020
Category: Program Management
Subcategory: Program Mgmt
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Public Trust
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer service oriented Project Manager to join our team in Washington, DC to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC Federal Systems. Overview: Onsite full-time Program Manager with ultimate accountability to ensure that all required services are developed, operated, maintained and managed in accordance with the contract and appropriate service level agreements; PM will provide technical direction and/or decision-making on the contract; PM will manage all functions to meet required SLAs; decide on suitable strategies and objectives; coordinate cross-project activities; apply change, risk and resource management; manage core Operations and Maintenance Services include all services for the following; IT Management; Service Desk; and help desk support. Duties:
• Manages staffing activities such as recruitment, orientation, training, staff production, counseling, remediation, evaluations, performance appraisals, and voluntary or involuntary separation.
• Provides direction to contract management, administrative, and other support staff.
• Oversees integration and coordination of new projects and provides plans to address workload spikes.
• Ensures deliverables (narrative and statistical reports, invoices, procedural manuals, and customized reports) are completed, reviewed, and submitted on time.
• Maintains communication on all aspects of the contract by meeting regularly with client and contract staff.
• Experience supporting US Government customer(s) at a minimum, experience supporting Health and Human Services preferred
• Bachelor's degree and 10 years experience
• Demonstrated excellence in planning, directing, and managing efforts in a similar sized services organization
• Demonstrated successful management and supervision of employees of various labor categories and skills in efforts similar in size and scope as referenced under this Contract.
• Knowledge of industry accepted standards and best practices
• Experience managing performance-based contract TOs and knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
• Knowledge of industry accepted standards and best practices related to Information Management operations, and with ITSM best practices
• Project Management Institute Certification
• Shall possess the ability to communicate in both oral and written forms, demonstrating an ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff as well as clients
• Familiarity with Health and Human Services security requirements as applied to their subject matter expertise.
• Shall have experience working in an Information Technology environment similar in size (or larger) and scope to this contract
• Strong working knowledge of large, complex Information Technology environments
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability