We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Senior Database Sys Admin IMS, SUPRA, Model 204, S2K, Focus associate to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Well-qualified candidates will have senior level experience and expertise IBM database management systems.
- Maintain software and DBMS environments in compliance with the STIG and/or the SRG.
- This includes keeping software at a vendor supported version, applying necessary security software patches within the required timeframe, and maintaining required documentation as outlined in the STIG. Maintain any and all software exits associated with the software maintained in this SOW, regardless of the language used to write the exit.
- Maintain a working knowledge of departmental SOPs. Ensure that all work is completed using the documented procedures, to include updating and maintain tickets, change requests, and documentation.
- Provide technical services to the customer on questions and issues relating to the database software maintained on the DISA systems for DBMS, including all changes and upgrades. Provide a report to the supported Government POC on customer questions.
- Install, customize, upgrade and maintain DBMS Software on mainframe computer platforms running z/OS. Participate in planning and executing database migrations, application software upgrades/migrations.
- Use SMP/E to install software as a lead technician within the SMP/E environment. - Ability to analyze reasons for outages to provide RCA reports, give presentations to managements about RCA, and lead mitigation efforts of a team of technicians.
- Thorough understanding and experience of IBM SMP/E environment and ability to use SMP/E to install software as a lead technician.
Education / Certification / Security Clearance Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math and 7 years of experience with installation and maintenance of IBM database software and associated support products. OR Ten years' experience with installation and maintenance of IBM database software and associated support products.
- Must have one of the following Certifications: A+CE, CCNA-Security, Network+ CE, or SSCP - Active DoD Secret IT 1 level security clearance required
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability