We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Cloud Architect to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC.
The Cloud Architecture Lead must have experience in the management of small, high performance technical teams working in development and operations of cloud and other virtualized environments. Must have significant in depth understanding of and experience with the creation of and use of cloud based resources; as well as the migration of legacy systems to cloud. Must be able to identify strategies for addressing requirements. Must have extensive experience with analysis of requirements against fiscal, schedule, and performance issues. Has extensive experience in taking program requirements and is able to create an architecture vision having experience in high volume and high availability networks and systems. Experience in creating and conveying to team members the architectural vision for a program or project. Is responsible for dictating design choices to software and system solution developers, including but not limited to: platforms, deployment platform and virtualized environment solutions. Experience in establishing and enforcing standards and practices. Oversees the development of all Cloud Architecture services to NOAA. Has extensive software and Hardware development experience and thorough knowledge of a variety of programming languages as well as development and deployment platforms. Business Development and Client Facing Responsibilities: Fills a technical leadership role with in-depth portfolio related technology specialization to build quality infrastructure solutions that meet the requirements and advises clients on SAIC Solution offerings, strategy, designs, specific technologies, implementation approaches and alternatives / tradeoffs Duties:
• Leads the NOAA Cloud Architecture technical team, overseeing all of that team's technical requirements and deliverables
• Acts as the primary technical POC for the rest of the NOAA program on Cloud Architecture Team tasks and deliverables
• Works with the Cloud Architecture and Development team to make sure they understand and support all NOAA processes and milestones
• Identifies opportunities for follow-on business and assists in creating change orders.
• Leads or supports delivery of advisory services, strategic planning activities and business case development within the assigned SAIC portfolio areas and infrastructure disciplines such as application / storage platforms, databases, networks, security and IT processes / operations / governance. Mentors junior architects on advisory services delivery.
• Leads or supports delivery of SAIC Area of Strength portfolio strategy presentations to clients including features, implementation approach, technical requirements, impacts, and benefits.
• Assumes a leadership position on and uses understanding of SAIC Portfolio Resources for new business opportunities. Performs responsibilities including Portfolio solution proposal management, solution design, solution review, risk analysis, proposal preparation and client presentations.
• Provides technical oversight for or develops technical estimates created with standards tools, portfolio Work Breakdown Structures, statements of work and industry standard estimating techniques.
• Uses portfolio solution knowledge and Portfolio Center resources to lead or support the technical portion of the bid process including design reviews, bid reviews, portfolio component selection, development case definition and system integration approach.
• Analyzes and evaluates client requirements against portfolio offerings and performs build vs. buy analyses.
• Architects a complete solution using appropriate portfolio offerings with design elements that allow integration into client environment.
• May refine and optimize infrastructure architectural models and creates architectural prototypes as required. Reviews the architectural artifacts and/or technology plans produced by junior architects.
• Adheres to appropriate SDF processes, architectural artifact requirements and architectural best practices.
• Is responsible for the solution integrity within the assigned solution area for the engagement.
• Coordinates architect resources on all sized projects to develop the infrastructure architecture.
• Maintains knowledge of technologies, industry trends, standards and design techniques. Service Delivery Responsibilities: Fills an architect functional role with in-depth portfolio related technology specialization to develop or refine infrastructure solution designs based on SAIC portfolio offerings and interfaces with the client on all issues related to the design, implementation, testing and cutover of the solution.
• Works with client stakeholders to evaluate the solution requirements and supports the management and traceability of requirements during the engagement
• Acts as a subject matter expert resource to clients on Portfolio Solution processes, required products, product configuration, solution integration, implementation methodologies, resource requirements and implementation timelines.
• Interfaces to all levels of the client's organization on solution implementation progress, technical issues, proper practices and technical requirements.
• Acts as a key contact for medium to large client portfolio solution implementations including oversight of multiple engagements within the assigned portfolio area.
• Promotes the use of SAIC standard SDF methods, tools and processes for the client engagement
• May develop and refine infrastructure design models using SAIC standard asset discovery and infrastructure modeling tools. Leads or supports design peer reviews and internal project reviews.
• Works with client technical staff during the requirements definition and implementation to resolve issues
• Assumes accountability for the infrastructure solution technology components and the successful implementation of the full solution. May include hands-on modeling, design, configuration, installation, performance tuning, prototyping and/or other efforts required to keep the project on a successful track.
• Provides input on implementation status and changes to risks, estimates or schedule
• Collaborates with architect peers to efficiently resolve technical issues, improve implementation quality and share high quality information
• May monitor the performance of external service providers or subcontractors People Management: Will assign and review tasks, mentor engineers and architects, manage performance feedback, and create development plans consistent with performing the role of team leader or project manager
Full time position, some travel required, preferably located in the Washington DC area to serve the NOAA Cloud program. Master's degree in Computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline and 10 years' experience required. Experienced with Cloud Migration Strategy, Planning, and Migration activities Architect or developer certifications in AWS (preferred) or Azure cloud technologies. Experience delivering solutions to major Federal Programs. Experience with Morpheus Cloud Management Platform highly preferred.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability