We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer service oriented Unix-Linux Administrator to join our team in Springfield, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC.
Key tasks shall include:
• Performing administration and maintenance activities on various UNIX and Linux servers.
• Building, configuring, monitoring and maintaining Unix based systems in a virtual environment
• Providing tier 2 and 3 supports for escalations from Help Desk
• Knowledge and experience troubleshooting Linux and Unix based systems
• Backup and Recovery configuration and execution
• Participate in on-call rotations
• Must be able to support infrequent after hours and weekend escalations as needed (aside from on-call rotation)
• Optimize system operations and resource utilization as well as perform system capacity analysis and planning
• Define technical requirements & design to support defined business requirements, develop technical architecture components
• Review system performance and consumption issues, review test plans, and provide technical guidance.
• Working on high visibility or mission critical aspects of a given program and performing all functional duties independently.
• Manage and monitor the performance, utilization of the various server resources, support the analysis as well as correction of all end-user computing and network problems that may be associated with server processing.
• Utilize tools and processes, including but not limited to software distribution, backups, performance measurement, tuning, license and asset management to allow automated as well as remote systems management of the server environment.
• Provide support to resolve incident, problem, or service requests that require subject matter expertise and cannot be resolved by the EOC. Task personnel shall provide final problem resolution.
• Work with EOC to implement automated preventative measures, proactive monitoring and system self-healing capabilities to limit outages/performance issues which impact service levels.
• Contribute to the Root Cause Analysis efforts when applicable.
• Provide remote support for OS and standard software build installation activities as required to meet SLAs.
• Provide and maintain security hardened baseline configurations (software) and deploy security (patches), software maintenance (patches) and new software releases across the Database and supporting products infrastructure
Preferred Experience: 0-3 years of experience and a B.S. degree. Bachelor of Science (BS) can be substituted with an additional 4 years of related experience
• 1+ years' experience providing operations and maintenance to IT systems
• 1+ years' experience configuring and executing backup & recovery for storage and servers
• 1+ years' experience with compilation of records and reports concerning IT operations and maintenance.
• 1+ years' experience with system-level design and configuration of products including determination of hardware, OS, and other platform specifications.
• 1+ years' experience demonstrated professional expertise gained from experience with Redhat Linux operating systems
• Must be proficient the use of the Microsoft Office productivity suite. Customer Requirements: Must be US Citizen Full CBP BI required prior to start Location: Springfield, VA
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability