Job ID: 204856
Location: ALEXANDRIA, VA, United States
Date Posted: Aug 13, 2020
Subcategory: SW Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Public Trust
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Java Developer to join our team in Kingstowne, VA to begin an exciting and challenging
career with SAIC.
- Design and implement Micro Service Architecture JEE software applications - Use modern software engineering tools including Eclipse, Rational Application Developer (RAD), and Atlassian Suites for design, development, and testing the software - Present the solution at formal and informal design reviews, and document the design according to the Government's system lifecycle methodology
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related engineering field and a minimum 8 years of technical experience or equivalent blend of education & experience
- Experience in Java Backend development
- Java /JEE development experience - Java Frameworks such as Spring, Grails, and Play - Experience with SQL Database Technologies
- Knowledge of JSON and associated tools. Desired knowledge and experience includes
- Hands on experience with AWS and understanding of AWS capabilities and limitations.
- Using the Eclipse and Rational Application Developer (RAD) IDEs - Experience with design, development and deployment of application with NoSQL (DynamoDB, HBase, MongoDB, etc)
- Load Balancing and Enterprise Service Bus frameworks (preferably under Cloud environment)
- Ability to work in a high-pressured, tight-deadline environment - Must work well in a team environment as well as independent.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and problem solving skills; ability to communicate information to a variety of groups at different technical skill levels. Customer Requirements
- Clearance: Must be able to obtain a CBP BI Public Trust to start work
- Citizenship: Must be a US Citizen
- LOCATION: Kingstowne, VA (Alexandria)
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability