We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Mainframe Ops/App Support to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC.
• Provide support controlling, diagnosing, and resolving difficult problems that arise due to incorrect ECL coding/programming techniques.
• Provide IBM and SAIC Mainframe Operations/Application support including performing IPL in a highly-complex mainframe operating environment. Provide generalized expertise in OS2200, z/OS, and z/VM operating environments, JES2, JCL, and OpCon scheduling tool.
• Utilize a Windows-based personal computer workstation and the MS Office suite (Outlook, Excel, and Word), Internet browsers, Mainframe Terminal Emulation Software, and ITSM ticketing software.
• Provide support using standard tools (currently BMC Control Products Suite) for scheduling to include building, maintaining, and scheduling batch processing (to include complex system abend (error) recovery techniques). Provide real-time accurate monitoring and troubleshooting of multiple mainframe systems and applications.
• Conduct troubleshooting of mainframe application support issues in a manner that minimizes interruptions in the MLOB ability to provide customer support. The contractor shall work with government personnel, other contractors, MLOB management, and customer personnel to ensure overall efficiency and effectiveness of MLOB Operations and Application Support. Contractors shall support MLOB Ops/App Support tracking status of mainframe Change Management which include Change Requests and Authorized Service Interruptions (ASI).
• Monitor and maintain the stability of systems and resources in the MLOB Ops/App Support mainframe environment using performance/workload monitoring tools.
• Perform system issue/incident determination, resolution, and RCA (e.g.: job abends, system performance degradation, network monitoring/recovery, workload monitoring/recovery). Notification of problems come from several sources: customers, Global Service Desk Agents, Team Leaders or the Shift Supervisor. If the contractor is unable to resolve the problem within a 15 minute timeframe from receipt, the task order employee will escalate the issue to the Shift Supervisor.
• Conduct tape service support for external tape systems in the z/OS Mainframe environment, including tape movement from silo to silo and preparing/updating tape administration documentation.
• Provide status and activity reports on items of team activities. Attend and participate in meetings.
• Evaluate the customer's mainframe processing requirements (e.g. scheduling requests, capacity concerns, and performance requirements) and comprehend/effectively communicate these requirements to customers and government employees (both orally and in writing).
• Troubleshoot problems to minimize interruptions in the customer's critical business activities. The contractor shall proactively identify and resolve system performance bottlenecks.
• Notify the customer of the following: acceptance, receipt of upgrades, and interruptions in service for upgrades/system patches.
• Provide follow-up during incident management including ITSM ticket updates, system documentation, and what steps were taken to fix the issue, especially concerning items that are reportable. Contacting the customer via phone/email may be required during incident management.
• Contact customer for required system reporting such as: unannounced outages, service interruptions, and system restoral. These must fall within customer requirements/standards/service level agreement (SLA).
• Provide the latest updates to any ongoing issues, possible workarounds, and incident resolutions to DISA Ecosystem, C2 cell, to the customer.
• Receive and disseminate appropriate notifications for ASI, product upgrades, software updates, and COOP exercises. This is done to inform both internal and external customers of potential changes in operational service.
• Support customer performance requirements and customer support policies/procedures in order to ensure that the customer's SLA objectives are being achieved.
• Day Shift (0800-1600 ET) requires three (3) contractors; one contractor works Tuesday-Saturday Shift and two work Sunday-Thursday Shift. Swing Shift (1600-2400 ET) requires two (2) contractors; one contractor to work Tuesday-Saturday Shift and one to work Sunday-Thursday Shift. Grave Shift (0000-0800 ET) requires two (2) contractors; one contractor to work Tuesday-Saturday Shift and one to work Sunday-Thursday Shift. Swing and Grave Shift contractors work during non-core shift hours. All three shifts work Saturday and Sunday non-core days.
• Use government documented processes and procedures to download and install application releases.
• Use DISA approved tools and follow policies for Change, Incident and Service Requests.
• Create, delete, and modify application user accounts IAW access requests received by the mission partner and/or Terminal Area Security Officer. Note: The contractor will work within an IBM and SAIC mainframe OS and environment to support customer processing, applications, and configurations
Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math and 1 year experience with an IT Service Desk/Service Operations experience or equivalent Information assurance certification (A+, Security+) to perform information assurance functions IAW DoD 8570.01-M, Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program. Reference Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) Clause 252.239.7001.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability