SAIC is currently looking to hire a Configuration Manager interested in joining our team in Omaha, NE.
- Support software configuration management requirements for mission critical software development projects that support U.S. Air Force Weather capabilities.
- Work with 3 to 6 scrum teams to manage and support software deployments of approximately 20 distinct software products.
- Responsible for maintaining deployment schedules, producing technical implementation documentation and working directly with technical teams to coordinate personnel to support software deployments.
- Interface with federal configuration control managers and review boards to explain, in detail, technical implementation plans for new software constructed by the development teams.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATIONS:
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent and 5 years experience.
- Experience supporting software production process by authoring implementation plans, participating in change management review meetings and preparing for SELC milestone gates.
- Ensure that configuration management policy, practices, and standards are fully enforced and implemented across the Program.
- Ability to create and maintain Configuration Management policies; ability to write communications and documentation that explain complex technical information in plain language.
- Maintain the integrity of work product configuration items throughout their life cycle. Our configuration items include the hardware, software, firmware, and documentation components of U.S. Air Force systems.
- Make sure all documentation is to a level of detail sufficient to reproduce the system changes needed for operation, maintenance, repair and replacement.
- Understanding of Linux and Windows servers, relational databases, web application development, programming languages and the software development process.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills and ability to work within a team environment.
- Experience in creating and maintaining the Project Configuration Management Plan.
- Knowledge of industry recognized configuration models such as ITIL, CMMI and/or ISO; experience and ability to implement lifecycle CM processes and procedures in an IT environment.
- Experience with automated version management and tracking tools such as PVCS Dimensions, Jira and GIT.
- Experience working within an Agile (Scrum) software development environment.
- Strong experience with Microsoft tools including Microsoft Visio, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong customer engagement skills, comfortable communicating with product owner and ability to manage client relationship and expectations.
- Candidate must be able to favorably pass government background investigation.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to obtain Secret Clearance
Secret Clearance preferred
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability