Job ID: 204331
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Apr 30, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is seeking a Ground Systems Engineer – Sr Principal to join our Chantilly, VA team.
- Performs Systems Engineering activities related to Systems Engineering including: concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, validation and verification, systems integration, system performance analysis.
- Provides requirements systems engineering support to Government Program Office Chief Engineer in planning, developing, and monitoring program requirements in the procurement of new systems and services.
- Develop Systems Engineering (SE) work products, including: System Specifications, Logically Derived and Linked Requirements, Architecture Descriptions, Interface Definitions, System Diagrams, Trade Studies, etc. utilizing Model Base Systems Engineering (MBSE) or similar tools and techniques.
- Perform system integration across multiple segments
- Develop technical requirements and prepare System Requirements Specification (SysRS)/ Technical Requirements Document (TRD) for system acquisitions
- Prepare program requirements related documentation: Use Cases, Concept of Operations (CONOPS), and System Interface Document
- Conduct requirements functional analysis and allocation
-- Perform requirements traceability from user requirements through contract SysRS
-- Witness end item factory and site testing for customer acceptance
-- Generate Measure of Effectiveness (MOE), Measure of Performance (MOP) for new program acquisitions
-- Perform trade studies as directed by Government customer
-- Analyze Contractor proposed architectures and conceptual designs
- Recommend engineering specifications and standards be placed as program compliance or reference documents in Government procurement contract
- Serve as advisor for technical evaluation of Contractor proposals
- Participate as part of Government Program Office Team reviewing Contractor formal reviews (SRR, SDR, PDR, CDR, TRR)
- Conduct risk and opportunity management
- Requires broad systems engineering experience (e.g. system architecture and design, systems documentation, system requirements, CONOPS, systems verification).
- Experience in Requirements Traceability Tools (developing logically derived and linked requirements)
- Strong written, communication, and presentation skills – Must be able to “Put pen to paper”
- Ability to independently work through all stages of tasking
PROBLEM COMPLEXITY: Works on unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
FREEDOM TO ACT: Works under consultative direction toward pre-determined long-range goals and objectives. Assignments are often self-initiated. Determine and pursue courses of action necessary to obtain desired results.
Clearance required to start: TS/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance required to remain on the program: TS/SCI with Polygraph
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience.
BS in engineering or technical field.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability