SAIC is seeking a Mainframe Systems Administrator to join our team in support of our customer at the Human Resources Command in Fort Knox, KY.
Job Description: Primary responsibilities for this position include accomplishing and performing project management in support of the US Army Enterprise, Data centers, Application and Web Infrastructure.
- Must have the ability to install and maintain the following software environments: VTAM, APPN, SMPE/E, TPX, FTP SNMP, SMTP, TCPIP and MVS. Install, configure, and maintain the z/OS operating system and all related components. Manage hardware partitioning through the use of the z Series Hardware Management Console.
- Install, configure, and maintain the z/OS operating system and all related components. Manage hardware partitioning through the use of the z Series Hardware Management Console.
- Configure Z series Open Systems Adapters for IP connectivity.
- Recommend and configure all hardware connectivity to the Z series mainframe.
- Install and configure a very large library of supporting software that is used to support production processing, program development and testing, ad-hoc query function, and systems management.
- Provide security setup and controls on the Z series mainframe using CA-ACF2.
- Install all software via IBM SMP/e (System Maintenance Program/extended) and or CA-MSM (Mainframe Software Manager).
- Additional experience in the following areas is needed: Assembler language programming, CICS, MQ, CA-1, CA- ACF2, CA-Roscoe, CA-OPS/MVS, CA-Sysview, CA-7, CA- 11, CA-Dispatch, CA-Datacom/DB, CA-TPX, CLIST and REXX programming experience, Disaster Recovery experience, knowledge of computer room operations, Hardware installation support and some understanding of IP communications.
- Completed Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or other related fields. Four years of additional general experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's Degree.
- Possess a SECRET clearance or have the ability to get one. Must have at least an interim SECRET to begin work on the contract.
- Five years of technical experience in IT or application software development projects.
- Two years of experience in maintaining MVS Environments.
- Knowledge of ISO/ITIL processes and documentation standards is desired.
- Candidate must have or be able to obtain a Security+ Certification and be enrolled in the Comptia Continuing Education program before start date.
- Secondary related certification relevant to the computing environment – z/OS IBM System z and z/OS Fundamentals Mastery.
- Must sign privileged level access agreement.
- Team player, strong written and verbal communications skills.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability