Job ID: 204283
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Aug 25, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Electrical Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Remote Work: No
Join a winning team! SAIC’s National Security Group is currently hiring for a customer within the Intelligence Community (IC) in Chantilly, VA. This customer is responsible for designing, building, and operating national security-related systems based in space, in the air, and on the ground.
SAIC provides opportunities for energetic individuals with a strong desire to expand their knowledge while increasing their responsibilities. We are looking for an engineer to provide systems engineering and technical advisory (SETA) services to an IC customer who is responsible for maturing and developing RADAR technology from applied research into demonstrably mature capabilities that can be inserted into RADAR system program baselines.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support projects that mature hardware and/or algorithm technologies for transition to a RADAR system program office for flight development.
- Provide technical recommendations for future development directions and strategies.
- Survey state of the art technologies to provide recommendations for future technology development
- Assist in the development of program requirements that satisfy the customer's mission needs
- Work closely with the IC customer supporting all phases of the acquisition process.
- Draft acquisition documents including, but not limited to, Request for Proposals, Statements of Work, Specifications, Contract Data Requirements Lists and other required solicitation/contract documents, and support to source selection activities as an advisor
- Assist the IC customer with the oversight of technology development contracts and help develop status briefings for government and industry
- Provide identification, assessment and resolution of risks during the acquisition phase and during the program execution
- Work with the IC customer to advance resiliency activities/initiatives
- Active TS/SCI w/Poly
- Bachelor degree in STEM (science, technical, engineering, math) or related discipline with 5 years related experience
- Knowledge of the government acquisition cycle, requirements development & processes, budgetary practices, acquisition/engineering documentation, and system lifecycle management
- Knowledge of RADAR hardware and payloads or with image formation processes and product generation of RADAR imaging data
- Familiarity with space-based RADAR systems (legacy or planned) to include command & control, collection, mission processing, and dissemination
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and energetic environment
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications
- Effective interpersonal skills and strong briefing and writing skills
- Aptitude for on-site Systems Engineering and Technical Advisor (SETA) work
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability