Job ID: 204032
Location: VICKSBURG, MS, United States
Date Posted: Apr 28, 2020
Subcategory: Intern Technical
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is seeking a leader in the exciting and growing field of High Performance Computing (HPC) is searching for a Information Security Analyst Intern to join our team supporting the Department of Defense (DoD) High Performance Computing Modernization Program (DoD HPCMP). The HPCMP provides world-class high performance computing capabilities for the DOD. The scope of this effort contains the management and technical support necessary to advance HPC services, capabilities, infrastructure, and technologies. It includes the development of new techniques, analytical methods, and computational approaches to solve particular HPC problems or to generally advance the state of the art in HPC effectiveness and efficiency.
Under the direction of the local site senior DRSC Information Systems Security (ISS) representative, the candidate will be part of a team responsible for the delivery, management and continuous process improvement of operational security information systems at the Navy Defense Shared located at Stennis Space Center, Mississippi by participating and providing Information Security (INFOSEC) and Information Assurance (IA) engineering and analysis. Specific responsibilities under the mentorship of the local site representative will be:
· Assisting with the implementation of Risk Management Framework (RMF) controls.
· Helping to ensures systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with internal security policies and practices.
· Participating in vulnerability scanning, resolution and management is tracked to completion or mitigation.
· Assist the team in managing compliance with DISA requirements including Host Based Security System (HBSS), Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS), Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), and Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP)
· Monitoring and reporting the training status and requirements to support the DSRC mission.
· Participating in technical briefings, reports, articles, and presentations
Internship Requirements and Qualifications
· To qualify based on your experience, the candidate should be working in a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree that included a major field of study in computer engineering, computer science or course work in security
· General knowledge of Lunix gained through experience or course study is ideal for this position.
· Must be able to obtain and maintain an Interim Secret Security Clearance.
· Ability to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability