Join SAIC’s health analytics/health informatics technologies team and build/implement breakthrough solutions that help improve healthcare delivery for millions of active, reserve and retired military and their beneficiaries worldwide. We’re seeking individuals who know and understand healthcare delivery, advanced health data analytics, healthcare electronic records end to end. We need experienced healthcare focused data analytics and data architect specialists, healthcare focused software engineers, healthcare system network engineers, and those who know and understand the importance of improving electronic healthcare records and healthcare records management.
The Cyber Security Engineer applies extensive technical expertise in field of Cybersecurity. They design, test, and implement secure operating systems, networks, security monitoring, tuning and management of IT security systems and applications, incident response, digital forensics, loss prevention, and eDiscovery actions. At the Leadership level this is senior technical staff dedicated to transforming customer environments into a more secure operating environment in a holistic manner.
Responsibilities can include
- Applies a combination of expert engineering knowledge of enterprise IT and security solutions to design, develop and/or implement solutions to ensure they are consistent with enterprise architecture security policies and support full spectrum military cyberspace operations.
- Architects, plans, configures, deploys, maintains, and upgrades COTS/GOTS and custom toolsets to address vulnerabilities and/or implement security controls.
- Assists in the implementation of the required government policy (i.e., NISPOM, DCID 6/3), and makes recommendations on process tailoring.
- Conducts risk and vulnerability assessment at the network, system and application level.
- Conducts threat modeling exercises.
- Designs, tests, and implements secure operating systems, networks, security monitoring, tuning and management of IT security systems and applications, incident response, digital forensics, loss prevention, and eDiscovery actions.
- Develops and implements security controls and formulates operational risk mitigations along with assisting in security awareness programs.
- Includes security control design and solution planning at the system, mission, and enterprise level, security-in-depth/defense-in-depth, and other related IAM/ISSO/ISSE support functions.
- Involved in a wide range of security issues including architectures, firewalls, electronic data traffic, and network access.
- May provide briefings to senior staff.
- May support cyber metrics development, maintenance and reporting.
- Performs analyses to validate established security requirements and to recommend additional security requirements and safeguards.
- Periodically conducts a review of each system's audits and monitors corrective actions until all actions are closed.
- Researches and evaluates cyber capabilities and new security tools and products against operational requirements and introduces them to the enterprise in alignment with IT security strategy, and to support the offensive and defensive capability design and troubleshoot and problem solve technical and non-technical issues.
- Supports the formal Security Test and Evaluation (ST&E) required by each government accrediting authority through pre-test preparations, participation in the tests, analysis of the results, and preparation of required reports.
- Utilizes COTS/GOTS and custom tools and processes/procedures in order to scan, identify, contain, mitigate and remediate vulnerabilities, and intrusions.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Assurance, Cyber Security, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other related engineering fields and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; PhD and four (4) years or more experience.
· Previous Department of Defense cyber experience.
· 5 years of experience with cyber risk management including the NIST RMF and SP800-53R4
· Experience providing and coordinating cyber security assessments and audits
· Implementing Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIGS) Protocols within DOD environments.
· Experience with the development and documentation of cybersecurity policies and standards
• Prior experience working in the healthcare industry and familiarity with health terminology.
• Experience securing and working with PII and other sensitive data.
• Understanding of HIPPAA Rules and Privacy Regulations.
• Ability to work without appreciable direction and uses ingenuity and innovation to find solutions.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability