SAIC has a rewarding position supporting the FAA’s Traffic Flow Management System (TFMS) sustainment effort, enhancing air travel efficiencies throughout the National Airspace (NAS). Located at the Air Traffic Control System Command Center in Warrenton, VA, SAIC’s support team ensures the continual operation of a critical NAS component, conducts management and maintenance of TFMS operations, and provides remote assistance to end-users at dozens of FAA facilities across the country.
SAIC’s Software Systems Analyst will contribute to the FAA’s mission through performing analysis on software problem tickets, conducting research on and trend analysis of problem reporting, preparing scheduled and as-needed reports detailing current system status, and generally supporting TFMS sustainment activities at the ATCSCC.
Specific Tasking and Duties Will Include:
• Using the FAA’s Automation Issue Management System (AIMS), receive, evaluate, and resolve or escalate TFMS issues as reported by end-users at operational FAA sites.
• Perform root cause analysis of system faults, extrapolate impacts of both issues and proposed resolutions to the TFMS system, and implement said resolutions as necessary.
• Acting as part of a multi-disciplinary team, conduct routine evaluations of TFMS Problem Reports, and contribute to proposed issue fixes.
• Analyze recent and current system issues in order to develop and implement preventative measures to obviate the spread of such issues across the NAS.
• Support Safety Panels, Critical Design Reviews, Workflow Management Discussions, and other collaborative events to provide tactical input regarding TFMS software operations.
• Assure the technical adequacy of analyses and proposed resolutions developed by outside organizations, and provide continual input to the TFMS Program Office.
• Conduct ongoing evaluations of system safety and operability, particularly during periods of increased usage; perform real-time risk assessments of rapidly developing issues and propose both immediate and long-term solutions.
• Perform tasking in a rotating shift-work environment, with entry and exit hours varying from 6AM to 10PM. Overnight shifts are not required.
• Engage in all tasking on-site with the understanding that minimal or no remote/telework options will be available.
• Commit to an extended obligation.
BS or BA in an analytic
or programming discipline; advanced knowledge in the use of a personal computer
with typical business software and 3+ years of experience
Working knowledge of
Linux / Unix operating systems.
Excellent written and
verbal communication skills are mandatory.
Ability to work on a
rotating shift schedule is mandatory.
· US Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a public trust clearance required.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability