SAIC is seeking a Safety Program manager supporting our IC customer in Chantilly, VA.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as the government Point of Contact for regulatory
reporting responsibilities (e.g., injuries and illnesses, etc.) and confer
with key Federal and State Government officials to promote the Agencies
position in the interpretation and enforcement of regulatory requirements.
- Perform Occupational Health and Safety audits.
- Develop program metrics to track Occupational
Health and Safety Program success, identifying corrective actions.
- Represent the organization in meetings involving policy
and other matters pertinent to the Occupational Health and Safety Program
and coordinates projects with mission partners, external liaison, and
Federal and State regulators.
- Review program strategy for technical feasibility and
adherence with regulatory requirements and prevailing professional
- Review and approve reports to ensure technical accuracy
and compliance with objectives, policies, guidelines, and laws affecting
- Chair the Environmental Safety Committee
PROBLEM COMPLEXITY: Develops solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation. Ensures solutions are consistent with organization objectives.
FREEDOM TO ACT: Work is performed without appreciable direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment. Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long-term perspective for desired results.
- Mastery of occupational safety and health principles,
practices, procedures, body of laws and regulations (e.g., 29 CFR 1910, 29
CFR 1926, and DODI 6055.1)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Risk Management, Industrial
Safety, Safety Engineering, Safety Management, or a closely related field.
Additional years of related experience shall be considered in lieu of
- Certification in safety and/or risk management such as
Certified Safety Professional or Certified Industrial Hygienist.(Can be waived with sufficient experience)
- Minimum of 5 years working in or managing a corporate
or enterprise safety program.
- Ability to work independently with little oversight.
Must be able to take the initiative and make the program successful.
- Skill in communication and public relations techniques
sufficient to represent and serve as spokesman for the enterprise at
meetings with professional groups.
- Ability to apply new developments and experienced
judgement to a variety of highly complex problems, including technical
processes and controls, economic considerations, and health conservation.
- Ability to advise senior officials within and outside
the enterprise concerning occupational safety and health and serve on
external working groups.
- Ability to work with occupational physicians and other
health professionals in developing policies and procedures for the
recognition and control of job related illnesses.
- Ability to serve as a nationally recognized consultant
and expert on state-of-the-art Occupational Health and Safety services and
provide training throughout the enterprise.
- Knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office products
(e.g., Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and ability to work with Occupational
Health and Safety software tools.
- Active TS/SCI with Poly is required
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability