Join a high-performing Agile DevSecOps team using a wide variety of cutting-edge technologies to help shape the software development strategy for the organization by developing tools, techniques, and processes for our team as well as other DevSecOps teams at SAIC.
What our team does:
• Our work typically focuses on the automation of DevSecOps toolchains, application development, and the general improvement of software quality through automation as well as the application of Agile and DevSecOps best practices.
• We develop tools for the rest of the organization to use, and work with other teams to integrate DevSecOps practices and CI/CD pipelines into their projects.
• We execute our work using Scrum with 2-week sprints, focusing on team consensus and sustainable pacing.
• Each member of our team has the autonomy to use the tools and techniques that make the most sense for them and their work, has flexible working arrangements including remote work, and the use of collaboration tools
• We often Skype for paired programming, code reviews, and shoulder surfing. We each have the opportunity to learn new things, bring the best of our experience and knowledge to the team, and make our voices heard as a respected member of a high performing team.
What our team Delivers:
• Highly deployable, highly sustainable, highly compliant hardware, software, and system-based solutions for our programs and customers supporting National Security & Defense missions
• CI/CD updates for Compliance Automation to ensure those systems are adaptable to various customer compliance frameworks including RMF, NIST800-171/53, and specialized requirements
• Partnership and Support for Stakeholders, including Consumers and Operations teams, ensuring solutions are supportable and effective in meeting the mission objective.
• Collaboration, Expertise (when available) and engagement in multiple Corporate Communities of Practice/Excellence in Technical and Non-Technical Domains.
• BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or related field
• 5-10 years' experience in testing, software development, quality assurance, and troubleshooting
• Experience in at least one of the following areas:
• Front-end Web Development
• Back-end Web Development with Java:
Using Java for web application development, including associated tooling
• Spring Boot
• Pipeline Development:
Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipeline tools
• Automated Testing:
Automating unit, integration, performance, or end-to-end testing.
• Cloud Native Development: Cloud services from AWS or Azure
• Demonstrated history deploying and delivering complex IT solutions in close conjunction with Compliance/Governance, and Operations teams.
• Git: Experience using Git in a team environment, including branching strategies.
• Agile/Scrum: Familiarity with Kanban, Scrum, or Extreme Programming (XP). Knowledge of how Agile Toolsets like JIRA and Confluence work, how Scrum is done, standard Scrum ceremonies.
• Containers: Exposure to Docker.
• Linux: Familiarity with common Linux commands and system configuration used
- Active TS/SCI
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability