SAIC is in need of an Electronic Assembler to support our Joint Range Extension Production Group in San Diego, CA.
The Electronic Assembler is responsible for preparing various types of wire for use in harness assemblies. The Assembler will also be tasked with creating wire harnesses for use in final assembly of products. Under general supervision, the Assembler is responsible for performing simple to advanced operations in cable assemblies, wire harnesses and integrated products.
The Assembler will use CAT5, twisted pairs, triples, shielded wire, coax cable, standard wire, wire gauge 30-0, ribbon, and fiber optic. They will be responsible for cutting, stripping, and labeling wire as indicated in work instructions. The Assembler will apply shrink sleeving to wires and apply labels as well as terminating wires by placing pins through the use of manual or machine-assisted crimping, soldering, or lugging.
The Assembler is responsible for the population of the wire connectors by mechanical hand placement or soldering of pins. The Assembler will operate machine to conduct pull test on wire assemblies and utilizes hand tools to conduct push test on populated connectors. They will be tasked with laying out and threads wire harness from completed wire assemblies by following a harness board diagram. The assembler will be responsible for bundling and tying cable after layout to create cable harness as well as ensuring proper wire lay and positioning of solder sleeves to lay properly in the harness. They will need to use tools to make or repair parts or products and work with other members of the line or group in order to assemble products.
- AA Degree in related discipline and one year related experience; or, High school and two (2) years of related experience.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and capable of obtaining a Public Trust security clearance.
- A working knowledge of mil spec crimpers and connectors.
- Must be able to interpret diagrams, schematics, blueprints.
- Must possess soldering skills.
- Experience building Mil-Spec multi strand data cables using MIL-D-38999 series 2 and 3 connectors.
- Mechanical assembly skills.
- Ability to efficiently and effectively work with minimal supervision.
- Willing to perform competitive tasks while sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
- Must have good eyesight, including depth perception, peripheral vision, and ability to differentiate between colors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability