Join SAIC’s health analytics/health informatics technologies team and build/implement breakthrough solutions that help improve healthcare delivery for millions of active, reserve and retired military and their beneficiaries worldwide. We’re seeking individuals who know and understand healthcare delivery, advanced health data analytics, healthcare electronic records end to end. We need experienced healthcare focused data analytics and data architect specialists, healthcare focused software engineers, healthcare system network engineers, and those who know and understand the importance of improving electronic healthcare records and healthcare records management.
The Health IT Analyst is responsible for analyzing medical, clinical, and/or business functions that are suitable for computer applications and for ensuring the information systems are consistent with professional standards.
Responsibilities can include
- Works in cross-functional teams with data at all stages of the analysis lifecycle to derive actionable insight. Determines the appropriate analytics based on the data and the desired outcomes, using techniques including feature detection, statistics, data mining, predictive modeling, machine learning, natural language processing, and business intelligence. Interprets the validity of results and communicates the meaning of those results.
- Translates mission needs into an end-to-end analytical approach to achieve results. May formulate and define information system scope and objectives through research, analysis, testing, and fact finding with an understanding of the medical systems and industry requirements.
- May prepare communications and make presentations on recommendations on system enhancements or alternatives.
- May perform health information analysis tasks such as abstracting data and calculating, interpreting, and presenting dashboards and other data. Perform the pre-analytics areas of data collection and understanding, data cleansing and integration, and data storage and retrieval.
- Collaboration with medical and IT teams on initiatives for health related technologies, including electronic health records, electronic prescribing, business intelligence, health information exchange/standards, configuration, and other related systems (e.g., patient tools, decision support systems, revenue cycle management).
- Has familiarity with data wrangling, analytics, and visualization software and programming languages, including analytics methods for big data.
- Provides guidance to teammates to achieve goals in accordance with established policies.
Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- Prior experience and extensive technical expertise in data science in healthcare.
- Ability to work without appreciable direction and uses ingenuity and innovation to find solutions.
- Ability to obtain a NARA Background Investigation.
- Must be US Citizen
Prior Health and DHA Experience
NARA Records Management Training
Certified Records Analyst (CRA) or Certified Records Manager (CRM) Certification
Understanding of HIPPAA Rules and Regulations.
Ability to obtain Secret clearance
Travel up to 10%
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability