Operations Research Systems Analyst (ORSA)
Job ID: 203642
Location: SHAW AFB, SC, United States
Date Posted: Apr 23, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Ops Res Analyst
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Join SAIC's team as a Senior Operations Research Systems Analyst (ORSA) at Shaw AFB. This is in support of the Third Army/US Army Central (USARCENT) G5 Plans Directorate, Strategy and Assessment Branch. This position is contingent upon award of contract.
Provide Operations Research Systems Analyst (ORSA) expertise to plan, coordinate and conduct analysis related to Line of Effort (LOE) modeling and assessment of Third Army/US Army Central’s (USARCENT) mission activity for USARCENT’s Area of Responsibility (AOR).
In consultation with Subject Matter Experts (SME), develops qualitative and quantitative metrics including Measures of Performance (MOPs) and Measures of Effectiveness (MOEs) to assess progress towards achievement of USARCENT campaign plan objectives and desired effects.
Identifies critical data elements and indicator variables; designs data collection plans; and organizes data reduction and analysis activities.
Develops Measures of Performance (MOPs) and Measures of Effectiveness (MOEs) which support the accomplishment of USARCENT campaign plan objectives, operational goals and desired effects.
Responsible for evaluating current data within the assessment model and for preparing applicable sections of briefings to senior officers and the command group. Identifies trends in operational conditions that affect USARCENT campaign plan execution.
Evaluates reported information with respect to predetermined criteria and target thresholds, and then prepares statistical results for briefing to senior staff and general officers.
- Provide campaign objective assessment development and analysis of courses of action in support of crisis action and deliberate planning requirements and ongoing operations in support of Overseas Contingency Operations, and no- notice support of real world events and exercises.
- Serve as primary or alternate analyst in support of Boards, Bureaus, Centers, Cells and Working Groups (B2C2WG), including: the Unified Land Operations LOE WG; the Set the Theater LOE WG; the Shape LOE WG; the Enhance the Force WG; the Commander’s Communication Strategy WG; and related Operational Planning Teams (OPT) as required.
- Masters of Science Degree with documented coursework in operations research, industrial/systems engineering, systems analysis, or related field and a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience
- Active DoD Secret clearance, and US Citizenship
- 5 years military experience (Active Duty or DA Civilian), experience working on classified networks and interfacing with military staffs at the operational and strategic level
- Experience in developing Measures of Performance (MOPs) and Measures of Effectiveness (MOEs) which support accomplishment of campaign plan objectives, operational goals, and desired effects
- Ability to implement and apply familiarity with common qualitative and quantitative assessment tools and methodologies in the conduct of daily operations
- Ability to manage and operate assessment frameworks within the Strategic Management System software platforms
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability