SAIC is seeking a candidate that will provide platform operations and maintenance (O&M) support for Windows Active Directory environments.
Typical responsibilities will include:
- O&M of multiple enterprise Windows Active Directory environments and support of the Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) used to deliver desktop environments to the user base
- Troubleshoot server issues, manage print servers, and perform escalation support and performance monitoring
- Provide dedicated support for troubleshooting of platform issues and user questions; work with users to resolve tickets
- Schedule, plan, and implement system upgrades for multiple environments
- Patch and maintain infrastructure systems to be compliant with security scans
- Work with engineering to improve the supportability of the domains and maintain the application delivery systems
- Configure and maintain the domain certificate infrastructure, print services, and group policies
- Provide direct support to other Server Infrastructure teams and cross train to alleviate single points of failure and meet ongoing responsibilities
- Investigate, evaluate, and recommend other viable hardware and software solutions as appropriate; identify efficiency opportunities
- Interpret and implement system standards, process, and security specifications to maintain organizational IT standards
- Provide formal documentation and status reports to fulfill organizational compliance requirements and to serve as reference material for other teams
- Must currently possess an active TS/SCI with FS
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 4+ years of experience in system administration; if no degree, 6+ years’ experience in system engineering or related field.
- 4+ years of Windows Systems Administration experience
- Hands-on experience with Windows 2012R2
- Knowledge of and experience with application delivery solutions
- Experience supporting a medium sized (~500) user environment
- Possess strong troubleshooting, problem solving, and verbal/written communication skills.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability