Join SAIC's team as a Strategic Planning Analyst in the Third Army/US Army Central (USARCENT) G5 Plans Directorate, Strategy and Assessment Branch at Shaw AFB, SC. This position is contingent upon award of contract.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Analyze DoD and Department of the Army (DA) guidance, directives, and Plans to assist with developing, presenting, and executing supporting Plans.
Assist with forecasting long-term resource requirements in support of the USARCENT Campaign Plan and long-term operational strategy.
- Synchronize various planning functions within the USARCENT G-5 Strategic Plans and Policy, and coordinate with all affected staff organizations and subordinate unit commands.
- Maintain situational and operational awareness in order to provide recommendations and technical expertise in the development of future Plans and policy related efforts.
- Review plans to ensure they are comprehensive and are in compliance with directives and guidance from HQDA, USCENTCOM, and the Commander of USARCENT in achieving operational objectives, and provide recommendations for updates.
- Coordinate with USCENTCOM and component plans directorates to help ensure plans are nested with the planning efforts of higher and adjacent headquarters within the USCENTCOM area of operations.
- Review current situation, assess national and theater strategy, and review national and international security considerations for the CENTCOM AOR from an ASCC perspective to provide analysis and recommendations for theater posturing.
- Assist the Plans Branch in developing staff estimates and courses of action for OPLANs and policy that support the geographic Combatant Commander’s theater strategy, campaign plans, OPLANs and OPORDs
- Review and provide analysis, comments, and summation of the Unified Command Plan, Contingency Planning Guidance, and Defense Planning Guidance and the Joint Service Capabilities Plan (JSCP).
- Participate and collaborate in joint operations planning to develop campaign plans, OPLANs, and OPORDs for the Geographic Commander; assist with developing ASCC support OPLANs and CONPLANs.
Shall have a minimum of 2 years of experience with the MDMP; a minimum of 5 years of combined experience in operational and strategic level planning, with a minimum of 2 years of experience within the USCENTCOM AOR managing, planning, programming, supervising, and executing plans at the theater army level along all warfighting functions.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 6 years of relevant experience required.
- Must be a US Citizen and hold an active TS/SCI security clearance.
Must be able to pass CENTCOM medical, dental and other CRC-related deployment requirements from CRC at Ft. Bliss, TX.
Must continue to maintain CENTCOM Mod 13 and other deployment-related requirements for the CENTCOM theater of operations
Must be in possession of a current/active US tourist Passport with at least 6 months of remaining eligibility
Must be in possession of and maintain an appropriate-level current/active clearance with eligibility to receive/maintain a NATO clearance for the duration of the deployment
Must be willing to work and live in austere and hostile environments and understanding of the possibility to be further assigned to any location in the CENTCOM AOR, as allowed by the contract
Must be willing and able to travel outside of protected areas via military convoys or MILAIR, and wear protective clothing and equipment, as required. Force protection will be provided by authorized sources.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability