SAIC is seeking a team oriented, solution focused, and motivated Electronic Publication Specialist interested in joining our Huntsville, AL team.
Position is in support of the Publication Services Directorate, ALC, AMCOM.
Developed a maintenance Interactive Electronic Technical Manual (IETM) using XML / SGML data and IADS software.
- Evaluates source documents/data and determines specific revision/development design.
- Format requirements as well as criteria for project acceptance.
- Working knowledge of FOSIs and XSL-FO stylesheets to support the XML environments in MIL-STD-40051 and MIL-PRF-63029.
- Conversion of non-digital or untagged source files into valid XML instances through the use of scripts and macros.
- Produced MIL-STD-40051 compliant print manuals (operator, lube order, and battle damage) using PTC’s Arbortext production files and UltraEdit software.
- Tag in XML or SGML the Maintenance Allocation Chart (MAC), Repair Parts and Special Tools List (RPSTL), interactive troubleshooting procedures, maintenance work packages, preventive maintenance checks and services, and other work packages.
- Knowledge of digitizing a Manual from a different standard, rearranging information as needed, pointing out missing information, using existing macros in UltraEdit to convert the information from PDF into .XML ensuring compliancy with Military Standard (MILSTD) 40051x and Military Standard (MILSTD) 38784.
- Working knowledge of the software Interactive Authoring and Display Software (IADS) 4.x
Required Education: High School and two (2) years or more related experience.
Required Clearance: Applicant selected must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
- Experience in reading a Live DTD to code XML / SGML files in a plain ASCII text editor.
- Experience in code (tagging) using ArborText 5.0 and higher.
- Experience in code (tagging) XML files in accordance with MIL-STD 40051, MIL-STD-38784, MIL-PRF-63029, and AR 25-30.
- Experience in tracking and reporting all daily tasking and project progression.
- Strong customer focus and teamwork skills.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability