SAIC is seeking a TACNET Fleet Help Desk
Support Technician (with an Active DoD SECRET and/or TS/SCI clearance) in San
This role will support the Tactical
Networks (TACNET) Capabilities Based In Service Engineering Agent (CB-ISEA).
TACNET CB-ISEA supports the sustainment and modernization of Automated Digital
Network System (ADNS), Consolidated Afloat Network and Enterprise Services
(CANES), Combined Enterprise Regional Information Exchange System Maritime
(CENTRIXS-M), Integration Shipboard Networking System (ISNS), Sensitive
Compartmented Information Networks (SCI-N), Video Information Exchange System
(VIXS), and Wireless Reachback System (WRBS) Naval Information Warfare Center
Pacific (NIWC-PAC) PMW160 Programs of Record (POR) systems. Support is provided
to United States Navy (USN) Fleet Users/Administrators.
Job Duties include:
- Via distance support (Help Desk), provide technical
assistance and troubleshooting steps to USN Fleet Users/Administrators with
PMW160 TACNET CB-ISEA supported networks.
- Responds to requests for technical assistance in person, over
the phone, and via email.
- Diagnose and resolve basic technical hardware and software
issues as well as logistics and administrative questions.
- Research questions using available information resources:
technical manuals, operating and administrator guides, fleet advisory messages
(FAMs), and internal approved knowledge base(s).
- Advise customer on appropriate action(s) towards resolution.
- Follow standard help desk procedures.
- Log all help desk interactions in IT Service Management
- Redirect problems to appropriate resources.
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention.
- Track and route problems and requests and document
- Prepare various activity reports and respond to data and
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates.
- Works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature.
- Interacts daily with supervisor, peer groups, and customers.
- Interaction normally involves exchange or presentation of
- Supports rotating shifts provide 24 hour support 5 days per
week with occasional on-call weekends.
Required Education, Clearance and Experience:
- AA Degree in related
discipline and one (1) year related experience, OR High School and two (2)
years of related experience with relevant certification.
- Active Secret Clearance.
- Have OR able to obtain a CompTIA Security+ within 6 months of
- Experience with basic networking concepts and protocols
- Experience supporting Microsoft Office and Windows OS in an
- Familiarity with Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word and
- Understanding of Databases and knowledge Management tools.
- Knowledge on how to query and tailor reports from a database.
- Ability to work any 8-hour shift assigned including evenings
- Strong Oral and written communication skills
- Customer Service orientated
- Problem analysis
- Attention to detail
- 1+ years of prior IT Helpdesk related work experience in a Windows call center environment.
- 1 year of experience with HEAT, TrackIT, Magic, Remedy, Peregrine, or other Ticketing systems is a must.
- Familiarity with one of the following systems a PLUS: CANES, ADNS, CENTRIXS, ISNS/ORT, ONE-NET, SCI-Networks, SUB-LAN, VIXS, CND and SCIP-IWF.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability