SAIC has a new opportunity for a Senior Enterprise Architect to work on an exciting, fast-paced program. This position will provide direct support to senior government leadership within the program office. The candidate will play a key senior leadership role in guiding, influencing and managing the office’s strategic planning process, starting with leading the establishment of the target architecture driven by the organization’s strategic goals and objectives. The Senior Enterprise Architect will help drive the establishment of the architectural runway that will be required to support an underlying agile development methodology executed within the office.
- Lead the design, development and documentation of the organization’s target architecture and associated transition strategy working in close coordination and collaboration with senior government leadership within the office.
- Configure and manage an enterprise architecture modeling tool to be used to capture the target architecture, associated transition strategy and work streams.
- Establish and lead the process for managing and periodically updating the target architecture and associated transition strategy on an on-going basis (typically every 6 months).
- Establish a process for aligning the office’s strategic planning to the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) development methodology to be used in project execution.
- Establish the means of ensuring line of sight from the office’s strategic goals and objectives to each project and assist in the establishment of metrics to be used to assess the project during project execution to ensure the project delivers the desired set of capabilities and delivers value to the mission.
- Design, document and lead the process to be used to evaluate proposed projects to assess alignment with the office’s stated strategic goals and objectives and target architecture and transition strategy.
- Lead and guide the development of the proposed architectural and technical approach for projects within the organization.
- Be responsible for establishing and running the office’s architectural review board.
- Lead, as needed, the establishment of architectural and technical alternatives to be used to inform senior government leadership decision making.
- Remain current and aware of changing technology trends, regulations and laws.
- Provide expertise in budget planning and financial management preferably with chargeback models, ROI, & P/L.
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Requires active/current TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Bachelor's Degree with 10+ years of direct, hands on experience in the role of an architect, ideally as a chief enterprise architect
- Experience in leading the establishment of an organizational target architecture and associated transition strategy
- Experience in leading and guiding organizational strategic planning
- Experience in establishing and leading the process for evaluating proposed investments
- Experience in developing architectural products/artifacts directly supporting the development process
- Experience in aligning organizational strategic planning to an agile development methodology
- Experience with one or several architectural modeling tools e.g., Sparx’s Enterprise Architect
- Deep knowledge of AWS web services, their use and application in providing solutions
- Knowledge of business ecosystems, SaaS, infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), SOA, APIs, open data, micro services
- Must possess strong leadership skills
- Excellent analytical and technical skills.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.