SAIC is currently looking for Systems Engineers to support architecture/ground enterprise next (GEN) team under the Range and Network (RN) SE&I contract. This position is located at Colorado Springs, CO. Key aspects will include the following:
• Requirements Management
• Architecture Management
• Technical Baseline Management
• Requirements Management
Job Specific Responsibilities:
Lead activities based on sound engineering and acquisition practices
Elicit and refine customer requirements
Ensure designs fully support requirements and are consistent with customer budget, schedule, risk profile and organizational/system constraints
Performs Systems Engineering activities including: concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration, system & operational performance analysis, Lifecycle cost analysis & estimation, and decision analysis. Responsibilities may include analyze and review designs and test plans, processes, procedures, functional and data requirements analysis, system analysis, and documentation preparation for complex systems.
Subject Matter Expert must have knowledge and background experience in one of three areas (1 of 3):
1. Space and Comm Modeler (STK and Riverbed Modeler)
• Ground and space modeling including link budget, cross-link, space to ground, space to space utilizing parabolic, phased arrays, and radar systems. Ability to build tool interfaces using python and VBA supporting an overall model of ground and comm network infrastructure for future state ground networks. Tool sets need to include STK and Riverbed modeling with the ability to take current models and expand for further analysis and data driven decision making. Ability to develop future loading scenarios to drive ideal end state architecture. Must be knowledgeable of satellite and ground operations with end to end understanding. Prior experience in collision avoidance and RFI modeling is desired.
2. Mission and Ground Operations SME
• End to end architectural input for satellite and ground modeling driving scenarios that support current and future operations concepts. Understanding of satellite constellations and their usage of unique IRON configurations (ie U/D, frequency, PRN v Tone, data rates). Working knowledge of orbital dynamics of the constellations driving unique ground support needs. Prior experience with scheduling contact operations, end to end operational knowledge of system configuration and response of both the ground and satellite operations. Ability to work with mission partners and ground system teams to capture and analyze mission and ground station impacts based on future state architectural concepts. Comm knowledge to understand infrastructure, SLA with comm partners (ie DISA) to include those in the future state architectures with use of assets such as Civil and Commercial entities.
3. Site and Antenna Modifications SME
• Antenna design and ability to suggest modifications of existing Civil and Commercial assets to meet future architectural needs. Requires working understanding of base civils along with necessary modifications to antennas to include waveguide, addition of L or S band capabilities, protocol convertors, establishment of necessary comm infrastructure to integrate into larger GEN architecture, knowledge of conversion of radar systems to support TT&C capabilities. Will produce government reference concepts to support out year planning and project inception. Over the next few months this position would need to be able to travel to gather data and do site survey.
Required Qualifications & Experience
• Bachelors (STEM) and ten (10) years or more of related experience
• Clearance level: DoD Secret
• Participated with senior managers to establish plans and objectives
• Ability to recommend/make decisions on administrative or project work matters and ensures effective achievement of program, project, or organizational objectives
• Clearance level: TS/SCI
• INCOSE Certification
Desired Qualifications and Experience
• Work proficiently on unusually complex technical problems and provide solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability