SAIC is looking for a Remote Software Engineer/Developer (Robotics & Autonomous Systems) in support of U.S. Army Ground Vehicle Robotics / Autonomous Systems Center while working from home providing support for the team in in Sterling Heights, MI.
This job is temporarily remote due to COVID-19.
This position is in support of U.S. Army Ground Vehicle Robotics / Autonomous Systems Center (manned & unmanned ground vehicles, robotics, vehicle electronics, and ground vehicle simulation).
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide technical guidance and direction for the software team in the development of software requirements, design, code, test procedures to ensure a high-quality software release.
- Establish and maintain Software Development Plan (SDP) as well as the software development environment and branch strategies.
- Ensure all software engineering activities are carried out in a managed, controlled, efficient and effective manner consistent with the established organizational processes.
- Develop resource estimates in regards to manpower, schedule, cost and scope.
- Establish work assignments for individual engineers and collect completion statuses.
- Manage software engineering execution throughout the project lifecycle via the use of project metrics, risk management, structured decisions and project status reports.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree ideally in computer science, computer engineering and/or electrical engineering or other degree and 3+ years of experience; Master’s degree and 0 years related experience;
3+ years' of experience in Embedded Systems Software development and preferably a concentration in robotic and autonomous based solutions
At a minimum knowledge and interest in specializing in robotic and autonomous systems design patterns understanding and application
Software development / programming / testing
Develop IOP (Interoperability Profiles) software tools, including software design, development and testing
Support setup, development, and execution of SIL (Safety Integrity Level) capabilities for Army robotics programs
Proficient in C++, python or similar languages/software
Robotics or autonomy programming experience
Software system integration with controls, embedded systems programming
Experience with popular robotics middleware including but not limited to ROS, Apollo and RTMaps
Experience working with sensors including but not limited to Lidar, radar, camera, IMU, GPS
Familiar with communication protocol including but not limited to TCP, UDP, USB, CAN bus, I2C, SPI desired
Familiar with multi-threading programming and inter-process communication desired
A plus if candidate has an understanding of standards such as: SAE JAUS, J1939, RTSP, RTP, UDP, TCP, H.264 desired
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.