SAIC is seeking to hire a Procurement Analyst to support a Government customer in Betheda MD.
• Procure goods and administer purchase requests of moderate dollar value, risk, and complexity.
• Work closely with the property team to ensure IT assets are accounted for and transferred properly.
• Collect property data to provide summaries and reports for use in analysis and management decisions.
• Oversee all property transactions and maintain inventory control for IT related equipment.
• Coordinate the surplus of obsolete government IT equipment, office supplies and furniture.
• Development and negotiation of favorable prices, terms, schedules and other provisions of purchase orders and acquisition contracts, ensuring consistency with customer requirements and procurement policies/procedures.
• Purchase order administration/file maintenance
• Execute the Closeout of all procurement related activities; verifying the receipt of good and services.
• Confers with suppliers and analyzes suppliers' operations to determine factors that affect prices and determines lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules
• Recommends suppliers based on gathered information and may also recommend improvements to procurement processes and procedures
• Provide guidance to staff regarding acquisition planning, preparation of purchase requests and supporting documentation
• Act as the liaison between the IRTMB staff and the Procurement Services Branch/Contracting Office.
• Analyze, monitor and track obligations and expenditures for software, hardware and maintenance support.
• Solicit information and coordinate all responses required from technical staff to support IT procurements.
• Analyze the use of appropriate NIH Object Class Codes (OCC) for IT related expenditures, and work with the Procurement Services Branch to make corrections as needed.
• Conduct market research; identify potential sources for required materials or services and develop and issue Requests for Quotes (RFQs).
• Execute IT-related procurement requests. Performing a wide variety of procurement administration functions, such as resolving delivery and acceptance discrepancies and producing procurement documentation
• Ensure strict compliance with mission critical annual software license and maintenance renewal deadlines
• Coordinate with Senior Management on budget related analysis and planning
• Establish and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for property and procurement procedures.
• Assume other responsibilities as requested in support of departmental goals and objectives
Required Education and Experience:
•Bachelors degree and 2 years of relevant experience OR a high school education and 6 years of relevant experience OR a Masters and 1 year of relevant experience.
• Proficient PC Skills including MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Ability to handle multiple priorities.
• Highly organized with strong follow up skills
• Exhibit critical thinking and analytical skills
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Prior procurement and/or contracts experience is a plus.
• Knowledge of government procurement and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
Experience supporting a government agency
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability