SAIC has an immediate, funded opening for a Senior Systems Administrator. This position is principally a hands-on position that requires experience in Windows based environment (Linux knowledge desirable).
The candidate must possess the knowledge and skills to design, manage, and maintain a multi-level processing and storage system designed to hold unique, highly classified data.
The candidate must have knowledge of data center standards and regulations as well as a solid understanding of network planning methodologies, Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) models and knowledge of routing, ports, protocols, and transmission of data.
The candidate will be required to provide our customer with sound technical advice on the design and use of all network, storage, and processing hardware and software and any applications required by end users. In addition, the candidate must be well versed in customer Certification and Accreditation (C&A) processes and procedures and be capable of integrating with a small team supporting a select group of end users who perform work vital to the customer mission.
- Requires active/current TS/SCI with polygraph
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or a related discipline and nine (9) years of experience. Relevant years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- Must be able to demonstrated experience configuring and maintaining multi-level processing and storage systems
- Must have experience with Windows operating systems
- Must have experience with virtualization technologies – XenServer, XenDesktop, Hyper-V, VMWare
- Must have experience with system backups using Microsoft SCDPM and/or other enterprise backup software
- Must have ability and willingness to create and/or maintain SOPs, security documentation, and related reference material.
- Experience creating system diagrams, network diagrams, and flowcharts using Visio or related tools
- Experience implementing sound security practices and developing System Security Plans (SSPs) as required by the customer
- Experience with the following technologies: Windows Server 2012/2016, Windows 7/10, SCCM, SCOM, SQL, CentOS
- Experience with Web Applications hosting (web sites, services, certificates) on Windows and Linux
- Experience with McAfee ePO
- Experience with IBM Domino server
- Experience with commercial security scanning applications and risk mitigation strategies
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability