This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 203181
Location: EL SEGUNDO, CA, United States
Date Posted: Mar 5, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Sys Safety Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is seeking a seasoned systems engineer with system safety and human factors expertise to provide technical support to the United States Space Force Space and Missile Systems Center's Special Programs Directorate. This customer equips the U.S. Space Force with space control systems to gain, maintain, and exploit space superiority. It directs the planning, development, testing, deployment, and sustainment of a complex and dynamic portfolio of space-superiority capabilities of the highest national priority. The position requires an individual with extensive experience in technical programs, systems engineering and specialty engineering of large scale space-based and ground-based space systems and/or new start technical demonstration space and ground systems. The successful candidate will have excellent communication and team skills. In addition, the candidate will be expected to continually balance and adjust work priorities to meet short term work suspense and rapidly evolving customer needs.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Support to the program office with systems engineering expertise on major weapon system life-cycle activities (e.g., systems architecting, requirements development/management, system design, change management, etc),
- Create development contractor contract scope for a successful system safety program
- Perform system safety analyses review on development contractor hazard analysis
- Prepare and/or update program safety documentation (e.g., Programmatic Environmental, Safety, and Occupational Health Evaluation, Space Debris Assessment Report/End-of-Life Plan, NEPA, etc),
- Apply human-machine interface and factors to requirements and design analysis.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or relevant discipline and 9+ years of technical program management, systems engineering, and specialty engineering within the areas of system safety and/or human factors
- 7+ years of experience required for Master’s Degree and 4+ years for PhD,
- Familiarity with systems engineering and specialty engineering the area of system safety and human factors engineering
-Active Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Qualified applicants must possess as active TS/SCI clearance and have a willingness to consent to a polygraph examination
Desired Qualifications- Familiarity with space safety, ground safety, operational safety, NEPA and associated regulations and executive orders,
- Master's Degree in engineering or a related field, Certified Safety Professional or Professional Engineer, 4 or more years of System Safety Engineering, and/or INCOSE CSEP.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability