Job ID: 203174
Location: EL SEGUNDO, CA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 12, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Test Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is seeking a seasoned systems engineer with Department of Defense Test & Evaluation expertise to provide technical support to the United States Space Force, Space and Missile Systems Center's Special Programs Directorate. This customer equips the U.S. Space Force with space control systems to gain, maintain, and exploit space superiority. It directs the planning, development, testing, deployment, and sustainment of a complex and dynamic portfolio of space-superiority capabilities of the highest national priority. The position requires an individual with extensive experience in technical programs, systems engineering and test policy/execution of large scale space-based and ground-based space systems and/or new start technical demonstration space and ground systems. The successful candidate will have excellent communication and team skills. In addition, the candidate will be expected to continually balance and adjust work priorities to meet short term work suspense and rapidly evolving customer needs.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Document program test strategy and plans, test scenarios and test requirements in development contractor contractual documents and Government program office documentation.
- Work with development contractors to ensure developmental test objectives are consistent with applicable standards, instruction and policy,
- Work with Government developmental and operational test agencies/organizations to develop the adequate test methodology consistent with the program managers expectations and other external stakeholders, as appropriate,
- Lead and/or participate in test working groups which plan, status, and discuss test related matters.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or relevant discipline and 9+ years of technical program management, systems engineering, and Government test
- 7+ years of experience required for Master’s Degree and 4+ years for PhD,
- Active Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Qualified applicants must possess as active TS/SCI clearance and have a willingness to consent to a polygraph examination
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.