SAIC is looking for an energetic team member to help provide 24/7/365 mission support to a variety of system applications and networks directly involved with the security of the United States. Candidates will work to provide Tiered support to a multitude of customer systems, in a fast faced, team-centric environment. Candidates can expect to receive training to provide base Tier 1, and eventually, Tier 2 IT support; directly interact with multiple customers; work closely with Network, Integration, Software Engineers; as well as learn several System Administration duties. You must be able to remotely monitor and analyze systems, document network anomalies, apply basic troubleshooting techniques, operate in multiple OS computer environments, and have a basic network background.
Position duties will include but are not limited to:
- Remotely monitor and troubleshoot multiple systems across a worldwide enterprise network
- Document problems in trouble tickets, provide system status updates to the community and log system events
- Create daily status reports and examining metrics to ensure all system performance requirements meet or exceed customer expectations
- Interact with system and network engineers, integrators, and system developers to understand minimum operating requirements, as well as make regular contact with customers and system developers in reporting problems and implementing resolutions to anomalies
** Upon acceptance, internal training will be provided after which a level 1 network monitor certification test will be given and must be passed within 90 days of starting on the program. Additional training and a level 2 certification is also available for those individuals seeking greater responsibility and interaction with the customer, engineers, and developers of these network systems.
- Must have a current/active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience
- High School Diploma/GED
- Ability to work on a 12 hour panama schedule
- Strong Customer Service Skills
- Experience utilizing Windows Operating Systems
- Strong skills with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to successfully complete the above mentioned 90-Day Level 1 Certification
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability