This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 203009
Location: HAMPTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Mar 11, 2020
Subcategory: SW Systems Engr
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC has a job opportunity for a Lead Software Engineer/Analyst to support the LITES II contract in Hampton, VA on the NASA Engineering Network (NEN) agency-wide project.
Lead Software Engineer/Analyst:
· Responsible for learning and providing software engineer support of the NASA Engineering Network (NEN) Liferay DXP portal.
· Demonstrates understanding of system testing practices and drafting testing checklists.
· Demonstrates understanding of web application design concepts, user interfaces and experience.
· Drives ongoing product improvements and enhancements.
· Works to debug and implement/test fixes for an enterprise Liferay DXP platform.
· Assists with architecture designs, make technical recommendations on implementation methodologies for expanding function.
· Captures and develops system business requirements, user stories, use cases, workflows and system testing acceptance criteria.
· Provides project lifecycle support including requirements, development, testing/quality assurance, configuration management, and production release.
· Assists in evaluating design of new and existing systems to judge their functionality, effectiveness, reliability, performance, usage, maintainability and cost of ownership.
· Assists with managing customer and management expectations and communicate effectively to both.
· Provides technical risk assessment and plans to program management and development team.
· Supports the project manager with development and integration tasks and other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
· B.S./B.A. in Computer Science, or Information Systems or relevant technical field
· 9+ years of related technical and project management experience
· Full understanding of the software development process including analysis, design, coding, system and user testing, problem resolution and planning.
· Experience with database design and development including Oracle, SQL Server, and MySQL
· Experience with content management systems, software version control tools and configuration management tools
· Experience managing project scope, schedule and budget
· Strong technical background and experience in full development of web applications and portal
· Motivated, self-directed, results oriented
· Strong planning and organization skills as role will communicate with varying levels of team members across business stakeholders, technology and management.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence and motivate others
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Strong written, presentation, and facilitation skills
· Experience working with Liferay software
· Understand and support the Amazon Web Services architecture
· Foundational understanding of Java
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability