Job ID: 202962
Location: SUITLAND, MD, United States
Date Posted: Sep 24, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a Satellite Simulator Operations Engineer on the NASA OMES II contract in support of the Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS) program at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center. The position is located in Suitland and Greenbelt, MD.
The Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS) is the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) next-generation operational Earth observation program that acquires and distributes global environmental data primarily from multiple polar-orbiting satellites. The program plays a critical role to NOAA’s mission to understand and predict changes in weather, climate, oceans and coasts, and the space environment, which support the Nation’s economy and protect lives and property.
- Day to day configuration of multiple simulators, used for the on-orbit S-NPP/JPSS-1 test and the JPSS-2 test environment. Serving as either early or late point of contact and providing on-site and telephone support.
- Occasional overnight shift work support of major test events.
- Submit weekly reports, including information on accomplishments, problems, risks and mitigation.
- Planning and Scheduling use of the single S-NPP EDU simulator among multiple teams.
- Writing standard operation procedures and startup scripts to configure the simulators as needed for varying operational configurations.
- Engage with Operations and Ground System Engineers to ensure knowledge transfer between simulator needs and flight-like operations limitations.
- Perform maintenance activities on all simulators to ensure highest availability to users.
- Perform system maintenance and software installations in a Windows/Linux environment
- Install and maintain monthly security patches as required
- Develop and maintain through documentation of installation configuration and troubleshooting procedures
- - Experienced with Windows Server 2016/2019.
- - Experienced with system imaging and migration.
- - Knowledge of patch management.
- - Must be able to work occasional overnight shift work support of major test events.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability