SAIC is seeking a User Experience Social Scientist to evaluate the usability of websites, intranet sites, and applications through user research studies (e.g.; usability studies, creation of user personas, participatory design, surveys, heuristic evaluations, etc.). Using the research conducted, provide recommendations to design and development team members to create accessible, user-centered products.
- Conduct UX research on websites, software applications, and mobile apps for NGA’s web enterprises to enhance the NGA user’s experience.
- Design user-centered test plans across the design cycle from concept phase to post-release evaluations.
- Conduct web research studies (e.g., usability studies, creation of personas, and cognitive walkthroughs) to design user-centered test plans across the design cycle from concept phase to post-release evaluations.
- Incorporate quantitative and qualitative UX research methodologies to convey complex technical and business requirements.
- Conduct UX research through usability testing, interviews, card sorting, and other industry methodologies. Based on that research, provide data-driven reports, in a variety of formats, to diverse audiences.
- Create and deliver UX educational and informational briefs.
- Conduct and incorporate UX research techniques such as observations, understandings, analysis, interviews, surveys, questionnaires, card sorts, usability tests, tree tests, and A/B testing to prove or disprove assumptions, find commonalities across our target audience members, and recognize their needs, goals, and mental models in the NGA digital space either live or remote.
- Communicate research findings via written reports and oral presentations.
- Apply web usability testing methods of web user research studies (e.g., usability studies, creation of user profiles or personas, participatory design, surveys, heuristic evaluations, and cognitive walkthroughs).
- Bachelors degree and 9 plus years of experience.
- Demonstrated experience applying product usability moderating and/or test method selection.
- Demonstrated experience integrating consumer research into a business’s product design practice.
- Demonstrated experience with product usability testing tools.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing methodology concepts for analysis and brief findings to organizations as necessary.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in UX research or related field (Human Factors, Marketing, Psychology).
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in statistical analysis, qualitative analysis, and/or quantitative analysis.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with analytics tools.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability