SAIC is looking for a Senior Software Systems Engineer with an emphasis on DB engineering to join our team in support of our customer at the Army Human Resources Command in Fort Knox, KY. This position will reside on a team working with the Boards, Evaluations and Promotions Branch. This position will be a part of a Java applications development team that is responsible for the upkeep of several Spring MVC applications and new development using Spring, jQuery, REST/SOAP services and many others.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Provides support in specialized technology areas that can include, but is not limited to, elements such as: Web design, requirements/specifications definition, analysis, assessments, planning, design, development, integration, testing, installation, performance tuning, deployment, or maintenance. Assists in design and development of database systems. Optimizes database systems for performance and reliability. Tests database systems and perform bug fixes. Provides database solutions based on technical documents and business requirements. Develops database functions, scripts, stored procedures and triggers to support application development. Ensures data integrity and quality in database systems. Maintains standard policies for database development activities. Creates physical and logical database models as per the business requirements. Prepares documentations regarding database design, configuration and change management tasks. Uses applicable methodologies, modeling/estimating techniques, tools, applications, systems, software, or databases to perform assigned tasks. Candidate must comply with the standard and organization requirements relative to specific assignments.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors in Computer Science (or related) and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience. 4 years of additional experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Ability to interface with clients and gather requirements and facilitate meetings
- Ability to work in small, rapid-development teams
- Experience with Spring/JEE and Core Java programming
- Experience with the Linux operating system
- Experience with Apache and JBoss or other web servers such as Tomcat a plus
- Experience in mission critical, high availability, high reliability environments.
- Strong knowledge of triggers, stored procedures, third party tools, replication, clustering, and transaction monitoring.
- Solid knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL, triggers, stored procedures, functions, synonyms, and some third party tools such as Putty, Toad, SQL Developer, etc.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work closely with customer in analyzing requirements
- DOD Secret Clearance Required to begin, an interim Secret is acceptable to start work.
- CompTIA Security Plus Certification is required to begin work
- MA/MS degree and 10+ years of experience
- 8+ years of professional experience in Oracle DB objects design
- Experience with Spring (Security, Core, MVC, WS, Data, Web Flow)
- Experience with Maven and its lifecycles
- Experience with Selenium or other testing tools
- Experience with jQuery, ReactJS, Angular or other modern JS Frameworks
- Experience with Tomcat, JBoss, WebSphere or any other Java servers
- Understanding of SSL setups, SOAP/WSDL and RESTful services
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability