Join SAIC’s cyber security team and work on this effort that encompasses technical, engineering, management, operation, logistical and administrative support for cyber security operations. The ideal candidate will have broad and deep experience in cyber security with demonstrated successes in supporting a large scale IT infrastructure encompassing overseas and domestic facilities.
The Task Manager for the Monitoring and Incident Response Program shall:
- Interfaces and coordinates with Government leads with key focus on effective, efficient, and compliant contractor support.
- Executes proper staffing, providing appropriate, qualified, and sufficient contractor resources to meet specified requirements.
- Establishes work duties and schedules, and addresses work discrepancies.
- Supervises and communicates program policies, purposes, and goals to subordinates.
- Formulates and enforces work standards. Performs quality control; ensures contractor performance meets established performance standards.
- Monitors, tracks, and reports on the status of contractor activities. Identifies, promotes, and implements process improvements.
The Monitoring and Incident Response Division consists of three key teams: Cyber Incident Response Team, Blue Team and Red Cell. The Task Manager is responsible for the successful operation of all three teams.
Cyber Incident Response Team focuses on monitoring the Department’s on-premises and cloud networks, assets and data of critical IT systems. CIRT uses a combination of network, host-based, on-premises and cloud security tools to perform near real-time detection, collection, analysis, correlation and reporting of system security events that pose a threat to the Department’s networks, data, and assets. Perform all stages of the Incident Response Lifecycle including triage, monitor, malware analysis, advanced analytics and support implementation of new security tools and techniques.
The Blue Team gathers data about, analyzes, quantifies, and prioritizes all known vulnerabilities that pose a risk. Findings are mapped to NIST Special Publication 800-53 security controls. The Blue Team leverages an objective, quantitative method for ranking vulnerabilities that incorporates threat information from the Cyber Threat Analysis Division and other sources, vulnerability exposure data from the Department’s multiple scanning tools, and exploitability data based on internal information feeds.
The Red Cell team supports a penetration testing program that conducts independent testing to ensure appropriate security controls and safeguards are in place and function as intended. The penetration test are conducted in accordance with NSA INFOSEC Assessment Methodology (IAM) and INFOSEC Evaluation Methodology (IEM), and includes discovery activities, attack planning, test execution, and detailed reporting on test scenarios, findings, and recommendations. Other methodologies supported include NIST SP 800-115, Penetration Testing Execution Standard (PTES), and Information Systems Security Assessment Framework (ISSAF).
Education: A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Telecommunications, or other related technical discipline.
- Ten (10) years of experience in network technology, management or operation with increasing responsibilities.
- Ten (10) years of current experience in managing network security monitoring and incident response capability.
- Five (5) years in managing 24x7x365 security monitoring operations.
- Five (5) years of working knowledge of network protocols, enterprise architecture, and network security systems and products. Demonstrated analytical and communications skills.
- Seven (7) years of technical task management and supervisory experience.
- Certification Required: PMP
- Must be a US citizen and have and active Top Secret and be eligible for SCI
Certification Desired: CISSP, CISM
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability